Sporadic A/c

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ckretvix
http://phpbb3styles.net

Sporadic A/c

Post by ckretvix »

Just installed a \"new\" (different) compressor as my old one had a hole in it (my fault) as well as the drier and refilled the system. Everything was great until today. The A/c will kick on and off depending on the revs. If Im idling it will stay on and cycle normally but if you start to rev the engine the a/c will kick off and then kick back on sporadically. this happens regardless of load. Pressure readings when the a/c on from the low side port is where it should be. It may be the latest version of ectune as I havent hooked up my computer to the car in a while until today and symptoms started afterwards. I know Ac cut is turned off

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Messing around with the a/c cut settings doesnt appear to do anything. I did notice however that the AC request sensor is what is kicking on and off which would suggest Im am actually pressing the button on the dash (aka its an ECU problem?)

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Heres a log file of just cruising down my road at constant speed and the a/c just kicking on and off every 5 seconds.
Attachments
actroubls2.elf
(336.17 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Chris_tune.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 121 times