95 integra - ectune and automatic?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Spawne32
http://phpbb3styles.net

95 integra - ectune and automatic?

Post by Spawne32 »

Before i dump this emanage ultimate for ectune, I need to know if ectune will work on a 95 integra with an automatic transmission and a P75 obd1 ECU without killing the ability to use the automatic. Im extremely pissed off i spent almost 700 dollars for this emanage ultimate + extra harnesses, and the damn thing is utterly useless as far as im concerned. specs are as follows 1995 Acura Integra LS B18B1 : automatic transmission P75 OBD1 ECU RC 310 Injectors JRSC @ stock psi Ported and polished head with 3 angle valves short ram intake

Spawne32

Post by Spawne32 »

also, the car does have a separate trans control unit on the drivers side floor, harness plugs going into the main ECU are... shift position control switch automatic lockup solenoid

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I believe you should be fine; the auto routine is built into calvin's rom. I have successfully used my ecu on an auto car (installed my scribes gear into a friends car while I didn't own a Honda) and it worked fine. You do mention the external TCU, but it shouldn't matter because the lockup solenoid is controlled by the main ecu anyways. Just open your ecu and make sure it has provisions for the 74hc373 and 27/256 and you should be good to go. To take it further you could chip your ecu; put a temporary known good Crome auto .bin on it and see if it will drive... That will tell you a lot right there :)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Spawne32

Post by Spawne32 »

See this is all new to me, the emanage was just plug and play, i know a bit about the eproms and chips etc from my profession but do i need to have the ECU chipped before I used the moates demon that comes with ECtune? Or is it good to go already because of the fact that its an OBD1 P75 already. What exactly am I looking for when you say check for 74hc373 and 27/256 provisions.

Spawne32

Post by Spawne32 »

and you say calvins rom, what is that?

Spawne32

Post by Spawne32 »

did alot of reading today and the 74hc373 provision you were talking about i assume is the blank spot inside the ECU for mounting a removable Eeprom. In which case.... im looking at this kit here.. http://www.xenocron.com/chipping-kit-w- ... p-277.html which im assuming is calvin's rom you were talking about, seeing as how calvin is one of the admins here. I assume your reffering to his chips he burns? I see that xenocron can burn a basemap chip based entirely on my setup i give them. Has anyone had any luck with these for driving around until actually getting the car on for a decent tune. Which i assume ectune can do? The whole picture is starting to make a little more sense now.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Calvin's rom==ectune, I just worded it strangely... Sorry about that :) Don't ever drive on a basemap; unless afr is verified with a wideband. It looks like your grasping it; check the pgmfi wiki library: www.pgmfi.org . It has tons of useful info. The 373 is just an octal latch to allow an EEPROM (27/29 series rom) or emulator (simulates EEPROM) in fewer data I/O lines to the main mcu thus allowing the ecu to control more functions... In some ecu's they will already be present.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Spawne32

Post by Spawne32 »

well i had chris from xenocron write me a basemap chip, and i chipped the ecu just fine, apparently he wrote it on crome. Im able to use all of my gears fine, 1-4, and shift between overdrive and regular drive, however i just threw a tranny code for the torque converter lockup solenoid not engaging. :/

FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

ive been wanting to try this on my girlfriends civic. does the ecu have to be automatic orgin still or will a manual ecu work but just uncheck the disable auto tranny under Sensor/Hardware Options??? I tried this once before but got auto faults (i did not know of the disable auto check though)? Might give it a shot this weekend and I'll report back some results.

Spawne32

Post by Spawne32 »

gotta use the automatic ecu so that it has the hardware for it

FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

thats true i didnt think of the extra componenets in the auto ecu's Hmm but i did find this USDM Manual to Auto: * remove jumper at RP18 * add 4.7kOhm +/- 5% at RP18 * add 2.7kOhm +/- 5% at RP17 * add IC16 5050 S or equiv. http://mycomputerninja.com/~jon/www.pgm ... anual.html But screw it i think ill just sell this ecu and not worry about it.