B16a2 w/blox camshafts

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JaredKaragen
http://phpbb3styles.net

B16a2 w/blox camshafts

Post by JaredKaragen »

B16a2 Blox aftermarket camshafts My question; a friend installed these cams.... Now it runs like crap and he wants to give me the motor... But I haven't had this sort of issue before and an looking for some advice or possibly a .cal to look at. I am seeing low vacuum at idle (expected), but its on col4-5/row3-4... And no matter what fuel value, it acts like hell. I moved base timing to that area and it helped, but anything going on or off throttle is pure crap until 1250-2000 rpm... Bogging, etc. So if anyone has a Crome .bin, or ectune .cal I can look at: something with a moderately aggressive cam, it would greatly help me in figuring out this issue because it became a $400 b16a swap for me just now! He's gonna drop in his gsr.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

vtecmangr

Post by vtecmangr »

in a case i had a similar issue the cams were not degreed car idled at 5 column transfering the ign values there it can help we degreed the cams played a litle with the iacv seting in crome and also closed the throttle body from the screw thatthe tb has on helped the car running idle at 280-300mbar,

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

may have bent valves. do a leak down.. Blox cams should idle like stock.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262