COP & MSD combo, Who is gonna try this?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

COP & MSD combo, Who is gonna try this?

Post by Gaskleppie »

Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

u said MSD... i am afraid to click the link :lol: that looks exactly like the kit some guy tried to get interest on before on pgmfi.org... but it actually has descriptions... I am almost sure it is the same thing. I would consider trying it... I wouldn't be surprised if it was not very dissimilar to the COP board I am in the middle of trying to make, and crammed into the ecu... He must have been creative and made the extra circuit to convert the pickup signal (a-to-d) as to not need a raw digital signal from the ECU... but who knows... my setup just requires me to run a single wire out to the dizzy through the OEM harness for CYP sense as it is a PITA to do A-D conversions.. lots of R&D =)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I ment MSD as MultiSparkDischarge ;) Anyhow, Its wonderful how he made it so compact inside the wire harness. Would it make any extra power? This movie shows a nice strong spark compared to the stock spark: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarHackerTe ... 9lQNsQiXL0

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

So the question is... Is this an actual product on the market? \"Where to buy\"? :) /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

More info: http://en.car-hacker.net/node/12 http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2727061 first results: Image
this was back to back testing this afternoon here on our dyno! the car is my daily driver 95 hatchback with a stock gsr motor tuned on hondata s300! the only mods are jg edlebrock header and pos short ram intake! i tuned open exhaust beacuase the car still has stock SI catback! i wanted to be sure the cat or exhaust made no changes in the testing! I tuned the car with the distributor \"stock\" first and pulled the wires off and pluged in the dsd 2 which took about 2 minutes! the first pass i made #34 was to get the car to operating temp. and then the next pass netted small but effective results im not trying beat the car up to tune or make more power cause the dsd is staying on the car and going back to stock exhaust! the dynojet o2 was a little off compared to the plx wideband and was 12.9 ish to 13.1. i wasnt caring about the lowcam its alot lean. i will be doing some back to back tests on the same when i put the turbo on! it will be the same gt35r that we ran in lisa's car to see how much better the spark will be for the blown option! hope this give everyone a postive outlook on how this cop setup may help us get rid of the crappy honda ignitor. we will be stocking this product very soon after the testing is compleated! hope everyone enjoys the results! A train is offline Report Post Reply With Quote
It will be distributed by CTRParts.com

BillB

Post by BillB »

My mate is working on a system that will remove the dizzy & use a pick ups from the cam gears as well as COP. Which COP units are they? I have another mate that runs a AEM ECU on his Civic & he runs Audi coils IIRC. This same mate is currently building a four channel EGT amplifier as well as loads of other stuff when he gets time 8) Bill

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

Which COP units are they?
I thought they were OEM Honda D17 coils

Garrett

Post by Garrett »

interesting
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Not worth 3 HP ... Specially considering I've made 800 on stock dizzy. If your gonna do COP your better off going stand alone and doing it right.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Bugermass wrote:Not worth 3 HP ... Specially considering I've made 800 on stock dizzy. If your gonna do COP your better off going stand alone and doing it right.
You wouldnt have said that 2 years ago...
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Yeah, well I've matured lol.. Decieded its not worth screwing with stuff to half ass a solution when there are way better solutions out there.

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

Your getting spoilt working with all the nice stuff Chris :D The one thing I like about COP setup's in general is they tend to give a better idle and power delivery is smoother due to the stronger spark I guess...

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Just put a MSD HVC II coil and a CDI and you'll have better results. :P

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I myself an still going to be trying the diy version in the requested features section here. Less than $50 in parts spent so it's worth getting the project finished once I set up a workbench at the new domacile :)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock