afr target tables

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Spawne32
http://phpbb3styles.net

afr target tables

Post by Spawne32 »

Just wanted to get some suggestions on what my AFR target tables should look like...heres how i have it setup now, couple people i talked to said they dont like the clarity of the table on the vac side because it jumps too much between columns and isnt progressive enough, but i havent found a way to add more vacuum columns without it removing the boost columns. Image

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Vacuum doesnt need alot of clarity. The engine isnt under alot of load so variation is mostly unnoticeable.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

this is just a lookup table for the AFR overlay logging stuff. It has no effect on engine fueling. This is not a VE based ECU lol..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Spawne32

Post by Spawne32 »

i am quite aware that it is only for reference, however it is important from what i understand when using the tuner auto adjust feature, which i have been using

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

its plenty of res for the capabilities of the stock ECU

Spawne32

Post by Spawne32 »

two major problems im having is the tune is varying so much from day to day with different weather, and i havent been able to get the ECT and IAT corrections right, and i have large peaks and drops in the fuel map that i cannot seem to smooth out without going rich or lean in some spots, some areas in the middle of the map need more fuel then all the surrounding cells and vice versa, cant seem to figure out why. Its been suggestion that i may have a reverberation in my exhaust or intake causing that since i ran 2.5\" pipe into a 2.25\" type-r axle back for noise purposes, if thats so im gona have to take that off.

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

hmm I drove all year long on a single tune through winter and summer never touching part throttle. AFR's may change a bit, you will never get it perfect, but drivability shouldnt be different

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

post your tune..

Spawne32

Post by Spawne32 »

this is from a few days ago 9400rpms has been helping me out, he gave me a new one to upload with a smoothed map, havent played with it yet.
Attachments
sp32_sc_1.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

The reason your fueling is unstable and inconsistant is because your fuel map is poorly mapped. You need to start over from scratch.. Read some of the other threads on here about tuning fuel and look at some of the posted maps to get an idea of what you need to do. Also you should not be using overall fuel trim %.. The only offset you need to adjust is FV.. Put the exact flow size of your injectors, and adjust FV gradually until your in the ball park in cruising areas of the map. Start with a fresh map and go drive and adjust your FV until your AVG fueling at cruise is mid 14s.. Then start tuning your fuel map from there.