Help me please im stumped!

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

23psiTeggy
http://phpbb3styles.net

Help me please im stumped!

Post by 23psiTeggy »

Ok so heres the deal...i have a 95 integra b16 bottom end GSR head eveeything fully built turbod on ectune here are my issues and I hope someone can help. I took it to the track and noticed a couple things going up to the line to stage clutch pushed in waiting to launch I try to bring my rpms up to 8k but it stop at around 5k rpm then drops to 0 but car is still running stays down there for a second or twothen all of the sudden shoots back up to 5k and will not go above that? Heres the kicker if I slowly slowly push on the gas it will go up past 5k but takes foreverthen when I launch and take off there are no issues getting it to 10k threw every gear? Here are the things I have checkd, new dizzy, checkd pinout D11 and D22 with a volt meter to make sure my tps is exactly .5v at closed throttle and 4.5v at wide open throttle, plugs are good, any ideas at all? Thanks in advanced
12.6@120mph 23psi on E85

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

Sounds like either issues with the ignition or any condition which would make the ECU impose a lower RPM limit. Like launch control, full throttle shift, maybe a boost cut or something. /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

23psiTeggy

Post by 23psiTeggy »

Bindegal wrote:Sounds like either issues with the ignition or any condition which would make the ECU impose a lower RPM limit. Like launch control, full throttle shift, maybe a boost cut or something. /Allan
I was thinkin the same thing but was told there was nothing like that put into the ecu also dont know if this means any thing but while checking the tps volts with the car in the on position but not running I was pushing the gas down to read tge volts and at 2.5v the cel would come on? And stayed on all the way to 4.5v wot then as I let off the pedal at 2.5v and lower the cel would turn off? Is this a setting? Or normal?
12.6@120mph 23psi on E85

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

That´s the eCtune \"flash fault codes\" @ ignition-on feature :) /Allan

23psiTeggy

Post by 23psiTeggy »

Bindegal wrote:That´s the eCtune "flash fault codes" @ ignition-on feature :) /Allan
Ahhh thank u sir! I need to find someone close to check this ecu out to see what its doing and maybe by putting a two step in it will take away the issue I am having?
12.6@120mph 23psi on E85

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

23psiTeggy wrote:Ahhh thank u sir! I need to find someone close to check this ecu out to see what its doing and maybe by putting a two step in it will take away the issue I am having?
What I am suggesting is in fact the exact opposite. You could have something configured that is causing the problem. Or maybe those cells just aren´t tuned properly? Solid engine light at key on, engine off means no errors/CELs detected. Suggestion: Make a datalog that shows the problem, and then upload the CAL + logfile here. /Allan

23psiTeggy

Post by 23psiTeggy »

Bindegal wrote:
23psiTeggy wrote:Ahhh thank u sir! I need to find someone close to check this ecu out to see what its doing and maybe by putting a two step in it will take away the issue I am having?
What I am suggesting is in fact the exact opposite. You could have something configured that is causing the problem. Or maybe those cells just aren´t tuned properly? Solid engine light at key on, engine off means no errors/CELs detected. Suggestion: Make a datalog that shows the problem, and then upload the CAL + logfile here. /Allan
Now im on the same page as u haha im kinda new to the whole computer thing but I do understand what u are talking about I wanna learn as much as possible and I thank u for helpin me out! Problem is I dont have a data logger cable or anything like that but if u could help me out to where or what I need to do to get these things that would be a huge help! Needless to say im a rookie haha
12.6@120mph 23psi on E85

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

First things first. You absolutely need to get datalogging working. There is no point in running eCtune (or any other engine management system for that matter) if you can´t see what is going on. /Allan

23psiTeggy

Post by 23psiTeggy »

Bindegal wrote:First things first. You absolutely need to get datalogging working. There is no point in running eCtune (or any other engine management system for that matter) if you can´t see what is going on. /Allan
I agree 100%. So laptop, datalogger cable, software?
12.6@120mph 23psi on E85