engine builders chime in

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

barry
http://phpbb3styles.net

engine builders chime in

Post by barry »

okay i have a complete b18b block with everything and the 1st cylinder is not firing or something mechanical has failed! im assuming failed rings since it started blowing by at idle! well i swapped my b20 turbo setup into my new dc and i love it! now my question is id like to just do a complete oem b18b1 rebuild and run with boost with arp headstuds rod bolts and honda bearings and a fresh oem gasket! ive seen some decent results on eCtune with the stock ls engines with boost! is this a good idea or a bad idea? im somewhat of a baller on a budget! i may even do a stock turbo ls vtec. someone point me into a right direction im looking to pick up a little power with a t3/4 turbo! stock sleeves in all

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

LS motors love boost for some reason... they take 15psi well on a to4e 60 trim.... i honestly would say get yourself a JIS rebuild kit (available on ebay). I use them on all of my rebuilds... you even get the gaskets for the timing belt dust covers =) I would say its reliable if you do the work right (proper hone, ring gap adjusted for turbo application, and measurement of main/rod bearings to be sure custom sized aren't needed. Got a guy I have done extensive tuning work for in Santa Rosa that has the turbo LS mentioned above... completely stock motor... tons of power... killed a lot of fast cars, and a newer gsxr 600 =)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

barry

Post by barry »

thanks for the information....i fave a feeling my b20 wont make it through the year lol

barry

Post by barry »

JaredKaragen wrote:LS motors love boost for some reason... they take 15psi well on a to4e 60 trim.... i honestly would say get yourself a JIS rebuild kit (available on ebay). I use them on all of my rebuilds... you even get the gaskets for the timing belt dust covers =) I would say its reliable if you do the work right (proper hone, ring gap adjusted for turbo application, and measurement of main/rod bearings to be sure custom sized aren't needed. Can you give me a few tips to properly hone the block and how to adjust ring gap etc