Tip-Out Rich Condition

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

marshall.hagen
http://phpbb3styles.net

Tip-Out Rich Condition

Post by marshall.hagen »

I am trying to tune out a rich condition during tip-out. It occurs during both an abrupt tip-out, and slow tip-out. Screen images below show both quickly letting off the throttle and slowly letting off the throttle. The cells that the map passes through during tip-out are all tuned between 14.6-15.0:1 in steady-state. I want to think that the tip-out trim percent adjust is not working since the same AFR's are shown during tip-out regardless of the value entered for tip-out trim compensation. Any tips/suggestions/feedback? Thanks for any help.
Attachments
Abruptly letting off throttle
Abruptly letting off throttle
tip-out.jpg (112.28 KiB) Viewed 10018 times
Slowly letting off throttle
Slowly letting off throttle
tip-out-slow.jpg (116.33 KiB) Viewed 10018 times

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

this is normal... though there is an option to disable fcut and trim tipout.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

marshall.hagen

Post by marshall.hagen »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post. Are you saying this is normal on eCtune? I've tuned many platforms before, and tip-in/tip-out can be tuned to keep AFR's at or around target. I would argue that it is not normal to have a rich condition during tip-out when the tip-out trim is maxed out to a remove as much fuel as possible.

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

If you try to correct out the rich tip out, you will cause driveability issues. Rich tip out is normal and needed to keep the car smooth during throttle transitions.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

rich777

Post by rich777 »

marshall.hagen wrote:Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post. Are you saying this is normal on eCtune? I've tuned many platforms before, and tip-in/tip-out can be tuned to keep AFR's at or around target. I would argue that it is not normal to have a rich condition during tip-out when the tip-out trim is maxed out to a remove as much fuel as possible.
Yeah but remember how old our ecu's are now. Its not Ectune, its the fact your tuning on a 20 years old ecu. I know its annoying but that rich spike is normal.

marshall.hagen

Post by marshall.hagen »

I can live with it just fine. The rich condition does not affect driveability. I was hoping it is possible to tune it out, but apparently not. Thanks everyone.

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

I have found that an overly rich tip-out can be caused by the tune of the vacuum parts of the map that isn´t otherwise used during normal load conditions. However, in the end tip-in and tip-out really is more about how the car feels to drive. /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

Bindegal wrote:I have found that an overly rich tip-out can be caused by the tune of the vacuum parts of the map that isn´t otherwise used during normal load conditions. However, in the end tip-in and tip-out really is more about how the car feels to drive. /Allan
This..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

TopMountGSR

Post by TopMountGSR »

I agree, its important to tune out the 1 & 2 columns properly, but I never use a negative number for the tipout value. I have found it causes drive ability issues.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image