Help queries

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

SpoonMotorSports
http://phpbb3styles.net

Help queries

Post by SpoonMotorSports »

What up all !! i have some question which i need to know badly From where i belong Ecu tuning is Young and new i know the basics but still am in a learning state i have a few questions and need user coments 1)I want to connect my chipped ecu to my laptop with Ectune pro i know i need an emulator and data logging kit but my question is Which emulator burner or what do i need to edit my maps live and save them u know what i mean what do i need 2)My Frnd had a jdm 1st gen obd0 b16 bone stock with a toyota ct26 turbo stock ecu just DSM 440cc injectors he used to run 5psi all day used to have knock but then using a higher octane fuel the knock would vanish i just wanted to know as he was on a stock ecu obviously no extra boost columns i assume then why do people on low boost stock setup chip their ecus when one can have low boost on a stock ecu to a limit?? what tables was he runing? which columns mostly on 5psi? and wht is the main purpose of using extra columns?6-10 columns?? sorry am new to boost thnx in advance regards ASAD

relic1

Post by relic1 »

1) Moates.net Ostrich2+Hulog or Demon 2) boost on an ECU that's not setup to run boost can cause CELs, will cause the engine to run without properly tuned maps, and can cause all sorts of serious problems. Keep in mind that setup would likely have poor fuel mileage, and would likely idle like crap. Not to mention have detonation under boost. Bumping octain can help but it will not get rid of it all. As far as which tables he was running, who knows, it’s likely he was running on the highest column, but there’s no way know for sure. It’s certainly not the right fuel or ignition mapping. The goal with tuning is to have the engine run properly (like OEM or better) despite changing or adding parts. The additional columns (6-10) can be simply not used(because you never get that much boost) or they can be scaled so you have more resolution in the lower boost areas.
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

SpoonMotorSports

Post by SpoonMotorSports »

that helped alot thnkhs