Oil sample analysis

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Oil sample analysis

Post by Bindegal »

(Might bt OT, I´d use the tuner Tech section if there was one) I wanted to bring your attention to something that is usually overlooked in tuning - keeping an eye on the condition of the engine. I use the services from blackstone-labs.com to analyze oil samples from my own and customer´s cars. Keeping track of engine wear this way could potentially save you or a customer from a costly rebuild. I´ve noticed that this is not really common practice in the Honda world, so it might be a service you could offer your customers. Not only is it good customer service, it could also differentiate you from the competition in yor area. Here are some of the samples I have sent over http://www.honda-klub.dk/moduler/medie/ ... php?id=264 . Overlook the danish gibberish and look at the pictures in the bottom right. :D 6 pre-paid samples cost $17 a piece which I feel is very affordable. (And no, I have no affiliation with Blackstone!) /Bindegal

Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

Very sweet indeed.
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

nate
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by nate »

I have always wanted to do this... maybe this will be motivation to finally do it. What's the turn around time?
eCtune Team

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

Turn around time: In my experience, really quick. I sent over 5 samples (from Denmark, Europe mind you) wednesday last week, the results came in via e-mail this morning. They even ship you the sample containers for free But if you want the pump to take out a sample through the oilstick hole (I recommend it) it´s about $25 or so. Works really well. /Allan
Attachments
D09762.pdf
Sample...
(39.14 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

pacman

Post by pacman »

We used to do oil samples at Finning as part of the servicing schedule and for warranty work. It was interesting to see the reports and helped us to diagnose alot of issues before they became serious problems. IIRC it was £6 per sample test. I will see if I can dig up the details.