Typical IACV duty cycle

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Spawne32
http://phpbb3styles.net

Typical IACV duty cycle

Post by Spawne32 »

Hey guys, just a quick question for those who still have their IACV hooked up, whats the typical duty cycle you see when viewing ectune at idle? Typically in the negative numbers?

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Mine usually floats around -20 +/-5

thething96

Post by thething96 »

i have mine set a -9. Depends on the car, but that's around what it usually sets to.

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

If you are forced to run too high of a iacv duty cycle, you can run into cold start up problems and idle resume issues on decel. To correct this out and lower your duty cycle, you need to re adjust your throttle body. Easiest way, unplug your iacv while its running, do whatever it takes to make it idle @ aprox 750rpms. Ex, adjust the idle screw, thread in the adjusters opening up the throttle plate etc. Now when you hook your iacv back up, shut car off, and restart; your duty cycle can now be lower and you will have no idle issues. Hope this helps, Dk
Last edited by TopMountGSR on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

dont forget to pull the backup fuse before restarting ;)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

JaredKaragen wrote:dont forget to pull the backup fuse before restarting ;)
huh? haha
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

TopMountGSR wrote:
JaredKaragen wrote:dont forget to pull the backup fuse before restarting ;)
huh? haha
7.5a fuse, underhood box. It clears the 'soft memory' in the ecu. Part of them oem procedure for setting idle. The ecu actually remembers it's last internal dc adjustment for the next time you run your motor.... Just like it remembers the cel for next restart. I normally have less than 10% duty change on my iacv... If any. Depending on how worn an ac compressor is I may have more than that for the ac dc. Anytime I tune a car with a skunk2 manifold; or huge ass throttlebody, I end up close to +25% dc... Idle issues up the yinyang! I hate those intake manifolds with a passion! I would rather tune a set of blox stage III cams... That should say something right there ;)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock