What does the FI E/M fuse do 94 integra rs (under hood)

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

barry
http://phpbb3styles.net

What does the FI E/M fuse do 94 integra rs (under hood)

Post by barry »

Ok I have a 1994 integra RS with a demon installed with ectune of coarse ......the car is turbo with a b20 with dsm 450cc injectors with a resistor box installed ....someone thought it would be cool to wire up a fuel cutoff to the parking lights ...needless to say it doesn't work any more .....anyway car leans out and stalls during driving check underhood fuse box and the fuse FI E/M is blown .... From what I understand this fuse blows and makes the car inoperable ....well in my case this fuse has been blown for a loooooong time and I never knew but for some reason the car drives fine so I had no reason to check..... So can anyone tell me what this fuse does it keeps blowing it's a 15 amp fuse

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

You need to look up the power distribution diagram for that fuse, and cut the bad splice that is grounding it out. Sounds like they spliced into the ground side of the distribution without installing a voltage blocking diode. This is the kind of diagnostics I do for a living every day, crappy part is I usually need to be at the vehicle itself.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock