aem uego 0-5v output for a p28

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JDMirza
http://phpbb3styles.net

aem uego 0-5v output for a p28

Post by JDMirza »

I cannot find this question anywhere. I have searched everywhere on PGMFI.org and most people that are using a wideband on that website have had experience with \"ground references\" such as the LC-1, which uses this talked about strategy for delivering a signal to the p28 for AFR calibration for Real-Time. I am trying to find out where the 0-5v analog output wire(white wire) from the back of the connector(uego gauge) to what pin in the ECU it goes to, can anybody answer this question ?? I'm pretty sure there is lots of you out there that have had this similar problem. In the instructions of my AEM UEGO box, it says it goes only to an EMS. I don't want to directly force feed it to the p28's 02 input because I am scared it might fry the shit out of something.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Modify an input to reach a 0-5v from 0-3.3v... Pgmfi.org wiki has the info. Or use an already used input that's already 0-5v like eld.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

JDMirza

Post by JDMirza »

So for example I can modify the stock Narrowband input that's 3.5v on the stock ECU throughout the ecTune software it'self right ? I don't know much about calibrating analog 0-5v outputs for the AEM Uego. I am still new to this stuff. This is what it says about configuring calibration outputs The AEM default position is P(0). When set to (P0)(Figure 10A), the gauge displays AFR Values. P1 Is the same as P0, except the gauge displays Lambda values. These settings P1 and P0 implement a linear calibration with the most useful voltage range possible (0-5V). The AFR calibration P2 is linear and similar to P1 with a smaller voltage range. (1-2V). The Afr calibration P3 e,i;ates the autoronic wideband o2 sensor calibration 0-1v. The afr calibration p4 emulates a non linear nernst cell calibration 0-1 v. Hooking it up to D14(O2 sensor input ?) was my idea in the first place, since I thought that's where the stock nb o2 sensor receives all it's input based on the output the stock nb sends back. I've done my homework here, and research I just need to figure out if this is the right spot. I looked at some posts on D Series.Org, and this one guy posted about how the NB 02 sensor D14 input can only receive a 3.5v signal, in which this case the Wideband o2 sensor 0-5v output will not work. So P0 measures from rich(0v) to lean(4.25v) P1 measures rich(0v) to lean(4.25v) in lambda values P2 measures rich (1v) to lean (1.850v) P3 measures rich (0v) to lean (.425v) P4 measures rich (.905v) to lean (.070v) I have a very knowledgeable background when someone talks to me about inputs and outputs. So my guess here is the way I was reading in the instruction manual is that the UEGO has 4 different positions that can be set. Where can I set these positions or do I have to configure the calibration in the software settings myself ? Do I have to use P2 or P4 setting, something with a smaller voltage range to give the D14 pinout room to breath, and know how much delivery it's getting when active in closed loop ? :( Besides for a noob tuner such as myself, I'd really like to use the closed loop feature to aid me in realtime for the fact that I am still new to this stuff. :x :x :x lol

JDMirza

Post by JDMirza »

Okay, so I think I am getting closer to the finish line of my big analog output question. I called one of the local performance shops that have tuned my car, and spoke with the tuner. The lead tuner said that the analog 0-5v analog output from the Uego that goes to the p28 says it doesn't work 90% of the time. The auto tune calibration will be off. He does all his tuning based on the manually calibrated maps.. How come I hear others use it just fine from their own past personal experience? Maybe he has it wired up wrong ? I had some time to look at the eCtune software a little more right now...I noticed in the wideband tab in the settings section of the software the wideband o2 input has 4 different options to choose its signal from ? I did a little bit of research and didn't find as much information out there since a lot of people keep babbling about crome, and crome pro and how to configure output calibration pased on the P tables. My question is if I wire up the analog output 0-5v from the Uego to pin d14(o2 input) which supposedly monitors 3.5v instead of 0-5v based on my research, and select wideband input, and voltage/lambda conversion to \"AEM\" will i need to re-calibrate or adjust anything in the bottom left table(wideband voltage conversion table ?)

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

In the wiki mentioned above it shows you how to turn the o2 input into a true 5v input. Then your good to wire it up. If you use it without the 5v mod, you only see up to a certain afr (wherever afr the uego ends when at 3.35v) As far as the uego not outputting correctly all the time I can't help you there. But it's a simple modification to make the o2 input a. 0-5v input for connecting to.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock