Tuning on E85

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ckretvix
http://phpbb3styles.net

Tuning on E85

Post by ckretvix »

I just switched my car over to E85 and got it running real well quickly. Just tuned fuel and it felt real good. I added a degree of timing and nothing really changed and then added another and it actually felt like it lost power, and got richer. I'm running BKR7E's. Setup is benson 84mm LS block, LS head with crower 404s, Ramhorn, 62mm billet turbo. PTE1000's and walbro 255 with direct power from battery at 50psi base pressure. ectune shows 90% duty cycle at 15lbs so Im thinking its around 450whp. The timing thing throws me off, i really need to get it on a dyno. Any thoughts?[/i]

JDMirza

Post by JDMirza »

90% duty cycle at 15 lbs. What are those injectors rated at ? 1000cc ? If they are, isn't that a little too rich even for boost.

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

No way to really give a definitive answer without being on a dyno. If I were you, I wouldn't mess with timing until you did get to one. Possible you had too much timing in the map to begin with and adding the e85 just suppressed it and you felt the increase in power when you tuned the fuel? Maybe it didn't and you just think it lost power? Too many factors to say without dynos...LoL