iat corrections for weather

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Spawne32
http://phpbb3styles.net

iat corrections for weather

Post by Spawne32 »

has anyone had any luck dialing in the IAT fuel correction tables for variations in weather. I have always had issues with summer to winter, I had my car tuned in august on the dyno and now the temp went from 80 to 60 and im running the 13's at WOT in boost, trying to dial those tables in a bit better, wonder if anyone had any suggestions on how to set it up for a little more accuracy.

pmiles1

Post by pmiles1 »

^^^ Same here man. Just got done tuning and the weather dropped from 85 to 40 it sucks until the car warms up. but i had to correct the ect table but i was looking and my iat doesnt move from -40 C then realized that my iat sensor isnt installed. So know it looks as if i have to start my tune over again with the iat sensor installed!!! And i have been searching for the same answer.
boosted d16

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

How the hell can you tune a car without a IAT sensor???? Thats the 2nd most important sensor! But in the winter you must check if you dont have a lot of heatsoak through the intake.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

pmiles1

Post by pmiles1 »

yea.....figured it wasnt wanting to idle at all. Come to find out it had just went bad. I did have one and when you looked at the tables all it was reading was -40 celcius so it was reading from that table the whole time, timing was i think -20 something. New one is in and is running like a champ.....Now i have to figure out the ect for the different weather coniditons here. last week it was a high of 55 and this week the high 85. The only time i can change these setting is early in the AM on the way to work.
boosted d16