Strange AFR readings

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ckretvix
http://phpbb3styles.net

Strange AFR readings

Post by ckretvix »

So at times during a pull, right around 6500-7000 on high boost (> 15lbs) I will notice the AFR's get sort of sporadic within a range. Its not something that I can feel on the butt dyno, but it does show up on the real one. I'm thinking its my ignition, but it happens on low boost sometimes. Stock distributor with an accel internal coil and BKR7E's at .0.18. Its not ignition breakup because I know that feels like. 24 Bad 25 Good
Attachments
teg.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
25.elf
(184.08 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
24.elf
(117.24 KiB) Downloaded 178 times

phirephox

Post by phirephox »

Do you have solid fuel pressure the entire time? What fuel pump/regulator pressure set at? compression? injector size?

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

phirephox wrote:Do you have solid fuel pressure the entire time? What fuel pump/regulator pressure set at? compression? injector size?
Finally looking at this lol Actually I think fuel pressure is/was my issue. I have steel braided line for everything EXCEPT the line from the rail to the FPR which is conventional rubber. I think its expanding from heat and boost causing inconsistency. But ever since I changed the vacuum source line from rubber to a push lock DOT fittings, it has gotten noticeably better. 9:1 compression, 1400's