H22 Stange Behaviour

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Civic Tsi
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

H22 Stange Behaviour

Post by Civic Tsi »

This is a build H22, with Type S pistons and Skunk2 cams. Head is unported but a refresh to the valve seats. 1st stangenessity :P I first tune the low cam with the IAB closed. Then we manually tie them open, no change at all on the AF readings. WTF.... 2nd: The vtec cam makes less power. WTF^10. I can hear the vtec when its engages and that's about it. No power. Close or open IAB makes also no difference on the AF readings... I suspect a mechanical problem with the vtec on the intake cam. Any ideas ?
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Qc, Qc, Canada

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

That is pretty strange.. The IAB thing, in a few cases I've done cars where IABs made no difference, specially if the intake has been ported at all. I usually just leave them open. The VTEC issues is weird, the only thing I can think of is mabey not all the rockers are locking, put an oil pressure guage on it and make sure your getting enough oil pressure.. I had one recently that was fully built but was loosing oil pressure through the balancing shaft bearing journals and vtec would only like half engage and somtimes not engage at all. Can't think of any thing else that would cause that. I'll keep it in the back of my head and see if I think of anything else.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Wazzzup

Post by Wazzzup »

While tuning my H22 we had no problems with the IAB's. We saw a difference in the A/F. The problem with the VTEC could be loss of oil pressure. The VTEC housing is it also been cleaned?
EG H22A 1/4 mile 13.6 sec @ Drachten with eCtune

BRMS
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by BRMS »

We once had a h22 that that had the same issues... new oil pump solved our issues.. there bogus pumps anys ways...