B Series Automatic Issue

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

BRMS
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

B Series Automatic Issue

Post by BRMS »

95 civic ex automatic with a b18b automatic swap installed.. first issue, car will not \"automatically\" upshift or downshift under any condition. starting out in D4 the tranny is actually in D3... will not up or downshift.. when shifter is manually placed down in gear \"1\" its actually in 2nd gear.. it will pull forward... i can manually upshift the shifter from 2 to D3 and it shift... the shifter will also manually shift from d3 to d4.. its just that there is no D4 engagement as it should be.. customer had replaced shift solenoids and lock up solenoid with brand new honda parts.. im thinking maybe just the tranny is having mechanical issues? xchng ecus, new torque converter. wiring is good.
Regards, Blueridge Motorsports eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Hickory, NC 828-322-9600

FACETUNED

Post by FACETUNED »

did you install the tcm from the integra if not what year is the motor you need the ecu from the integra and the tcm and a jumper harness that has the two tcm plugs i used to make em but i think rywire or jkobd gots them.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Tacoma, Wa - USA FaceTuned.com

BRMS

Post by BRMS »

Honestly not sure.. just say the car for the first time yesterday.. where on the integra auto chassis is the TCM located? ill start diggin a lil deeper now.. makes sense if there is no tcm.. thanks!
Regards, Blueridge Motorsports eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Hickory, NC 828-322-9600

BRMS

Post by BRMS »

Okk.. once i found a half ass diagram on how to wire the (integra auto) TCM into the existing ecu/chassis.. same problem.. I did develop a pretty good diagram on how to install a TCM into EG automatic chassis. Bummer on the down time to wire the complete unit. I think were the guy drove the car with no tcm, it damaged the auto b series tranny. any last ideas?

blundar

Post by blundar »

I'm fairly sure there is more than one style of B series auto transmission: 1. 90-93 Auto 2. USDM 94-95 Auto (OBD1, external TCU) 3. JDM 90-93 Auto B16A 4. JDM 92-95 B16A2 5. USDM 96+ Integra (OBD2, internal TCU ???) The solenoid configuration varies from tranny to tranny. I've seen at least 3 different variants. Good fucking luck.
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA \"That motor's hit!\" - me

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

I have done it 2 times on jdm stuff b16a3 obd2 with external tcu.. Put an obd1 ecu i have to connect 1 wire of the tcu to 5v f22 obd2 with tcu and tiptronic Obd1 conv and believe 1 or 2 wires from tcu had to be connected You just have to convert to obd2 see which wires are left and put obd2 again see what voltage they have and test
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

FACETUNED

Post by FACETUNED »

on the 94-95 teg's there by the hoodlatch i think but theres just two plugs i had to make a jumper harness obd1-obd1 and then add all the wires to go to the shif control solenoids and then to the actual shifter where you select gears. ill try and find the pinouts. pm me if you need em.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Tacoma, Wa - USA FaceTuned.com

BRMS

Post by BRMS »

Ive already installed the tcm (ecu, counter&main shaft sensors, shift solenoid, lock up solenoid and auto shifter assembly) ! Yes the tcm is located on the drivers side kick panel of 94-01 integra auto cars.. the tcm uses the same style A plug and D plug as used on obd1 ECU setups. This is an obd1 config.
calvin wrote: You just have to convert to obd2 see which wires are left and put obd2 again see what voltage they have and test
OBD2? i made my own obd1 - obd1 harness w/ TCM output.. im pretty sure its a bad tranny.. :(

Joey Misanthropy

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

I fixed a pile of the OEM-defective Accord TCMs for the local Honda-Acura Service Center last year. Pretty simple system to work with. I could make the car run if it's wiring issues.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

BRMS

Post by BRMS »

Yeah, ive dabbled with sum of the older 90/93 accord TCMs.. but this car is different.. I have it all wired correctly.. hes bringing another auto tranny to the shop monday... it will be the true tale.. :D