Messed up IAT sensor

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Messed up IAT sensor

Post by Bindegal »

Any ideas? I tuned a JRSC powered B16 a while ago, first using c__m_ and then later eCtune. On both systems, IAT goes to -18 celcius as soon as manifold pressure goes above atmospheric. (like 1100mbar or so). Example... Before a pull: 39 degrees. (probably due to heat soak) During the pull: -18 degrees. After the pull: 58 degrees. (as expected, as there is no intercooler and the water spray wouldn´t affect IAT directly). This is obviously not good for any number of reasons. I just can´t figure out what is going on. We tested replacing the ECU and the IAT sensor - no change. Thanks, Allan

FACETUNED

Post by FACETUNED »

weres the sensor mounted? i just recently tuned a jrsc on a d16.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Tacoma, Wa - USA FaceTuned.com

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

Originally I think it wasn´t even \"installed\" as such but just floated around the engine bay. Which I complained about a lot of course. Now it´s placed in the plenum where it sees the compressed charge before entering the cylinders.... as it should. /Allan

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

Hellp cehck JRSC manual they foul iat sensor with a relay and a boost switch.. Check for unusual relay with a resistor
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

sweeeet.... thanks - I´ll have the guy look for something odd. This would make a lot of sense! /Allan

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

Yup.. I know this for 100% i removed it at all JRSC i did
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.