Rad Fan help

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Maddog20
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Maddog20 »

On the second test I disconnected the fan switch so there is no way the fan switch can turn the fan on. If the fan switch is disconnected then the gnd signal can only come from the ECU. so that verifies the wiring and Ectune is correct just 7* off in my case. I waited till the temps got up to 198* at that point Ectune flagged the output and the fans turned on. I think my fan was not very good before and the temps would still climb to 200* thats when I noticed the fans are coming on at 198 instead of 191 through Ectune. The fan switch is turning the fans on at 190 so it is not a big deal now. I just was letting you know what happened that Ectune maybe 7* off. I will try what you sent me tonight.

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Use the fan-switch and connect an light-bulp (or volt-meter) to the ECU and constant 12Volt and see when eCtune turns the fan on. Why don't you use the datalog graph function of eCtune and see when the ECU turns the fan on?

Maddog20

Post by Maddog20 »

I did graph it on Ectune. It comes on at 198* It comes on in the sensor list under outputs RADFC at 198* It isnt a issue of if the fan comes on, it's when. try this set you fans to come on at 160* unplug the fan switch...the fans should come on at 160* when ground is applied on A12 obd1 or A20 obd2b Its not a big deal when DIY version comes out I will lower the fan control temp