New Q16 Race Fuel from VP

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

New Q16 Race Fuel from VP

Post by Bugermass »

Just wanted to say we've been playin with it.. So far its been really good. There are definant HP increases over C16 with identical tunes, its very stable at lean mixtures and it smells even nicer than C16 ; ).. Basically its super oxygenated.. Just be sure if you switch, add about 10% more fuel across the map before your pull cause it will run leaner than C16 on identical maps. If you get a chance to play with it keep me posted on yor results so I can compare. I'll post the dynos between fuels later this week..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

why dont i have that?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Its pretty new, it may not have made it that far yet.. ;P

deluded
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by deluded »

and be very careful if you run events where fuel is tested... it absolutely won't pass bni-scta standards for gas if you are a land-speed-racer.

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

Price per barrel?

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

really? whats the regulation on land speed fuels??? I found out today the guy originally had Sunoco 116 not C16.. I don't know exactly how much it was, but the guy that bought it said it was the same as C16..

deluded
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by deluded »

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/article.ht ... 9.75914352 scta tests our fuel for it dielectric constant? which is supposed to be better than simply checking the spec gravity. vp import (our prefered fuel) is illegal for scta gas even by vp's own published standards... and the q16 is nipping at its heels spec-wise. my guess is a bunch of alcohol: oxygenated, high latent heat, bumped oct rating.