Cold start AFR

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by calvin »

people don't begin to sepculate. 2kcivicSi Can you drop me a mail i have something for you to test!
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

Sorry Calvin it isn't my intention. I just want to understand why to use Ervin solution instead adjusting ect fuel correction table. Just trying to get the picture, nothing else.

EITCP
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by EITCP »

civic4g wrote:In relation to Ervin fix, wouldn't be enough to just tune ect correction tables? Or is there something wrong with ect fuel compensation?
ECT corection tables don't work, i try them too and everything i could think of, but no improvement. this was the only way i fixed it and i can tell you nobody from now on haven't any complaint anymore, so on my tuned cars it works fine. Calvin just send me some script which i will test tomorrow to see if there is any improvement. If his script will work then later you'll not need to obbey my sec.map script. regards Ervin
---------------------------------- TUNERC team eCtune Authorised Tuner for Slovenia Passed ACP course at EFI University in Temecula, CA, November 07

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

As for ECT correction tables.. I tried many different values in the positive range... it seems I can only go to +99.. no positive value really helped.. instead of idling real low, it would surge a few times and still die. It only takes about 40-90 seconds of constant running before my engine heats past 55F and the problem disappears.. I tried a few negative values down to -20 but couldn't get it to start without giving it throttle. Unfortunately, I think my cold spell just left and now I can't do anything about it until it dips again... maybe next month...

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

It seems like something is going wrong in the post fuel period. During this period, the ecu does not react to ect correction tables. Thats why you wont have any reaction during the first +- 40 sec after starting. We are working on it. Just wait, or use the trick to solve this problem till we find the answer.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

It's definitely reacting... in my car, I can see small AFR change between 10.5 and 12.5 afr when I make small changes to the ect correction for the appropriate temperature.. outside that afr range, it stalls. At 10.5 afr it is steady but idles really low and stalls..the closer to 12.5 afr the more unstable it becomes due to surging and stalls.. I will try the 2nd map addition and hopefully the temperatures dips down again so I can see if it helps.. Calvin, Email sent.

calvin

Post by calvin »

EITCP wrote:
civic4g wrote:In relation to Ervin fix, wouldn't be enough to just tune ect correction tables? Or is there something wrong with ect fuel compensation?
ECT corection tables don't work, i try them too and everything i could think of, but no improvement. this was the only way i fixed it and i can tell you nobody from now on haven't any complaint anymore, so on my tuned cars it works fine. Calvin just send me some script which i will test tomorrow to see if there is any improvement. If his script will work then later you'll not need to obbey my sec.map script. regards Ervin
You are very wrong. I followed code and they work. Frank tested in -C weather. it's more post fuel related. If you see the eCt correction factor in datagrid it's active believe me.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

calvin wrote:
EITCP wrote:
You are very wrong. I followed code and they work. Frank tested in -C weather. it's more post fuel related. If you see the eCt correction factor in datagrid it's active believe me.
It still happens in my car (from memory) even after post fuel turns off (according to datalogging). I will try and play with a few things in my car Monday/Tuesday or if you have anything to test or try Calvin, shoot me an email with what you would like. Its been about 30 degrees here (-1 C) every day or so lately.
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

elevation

Post by elevation »

Sometimes you have to change the temps to widen the scale between temps.
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com

EITCP

Post by EITCP »

here is the pic of my datalog. Can this be post fuel related or no? http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/m337 ... dstart.jpg RPM AFR ECT ECT fuel c. post fuel if ECT at start up would be lower than 8C, i believe AFR would go to high 10 and this can (i presume) cause bad idle, especially if you pucsh the throttle and release it. Excessive fuel can stop the engine running. My believe is that good AFR when ETC is cold is around 12.5-13, not reacher...
---------------------------------- TUNERC team eCtune Authorised Tuner for Slovenia Passed ACP course at EFI University in Temecula, CA, November 07

calvin

Post by calvin »

sending you xeno

calvin

Post by calvin »

EITCP wrote:here is the pic of my datalog. Can this be post fuel related or no? http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/m337 ... dstart.jpg RPM AFR ECT ECT fuel c. post fuel if ECT at start up would be lower than 8C, i believe AFR would go to high 10 and this can (i presume) cause bad idle, especially if you pucsh the throttle and release it. Excessive fuel can stop the engine running. My believe is that good AFR when ETC is cold is around 12.5-13, not reacher...
yes set trim for post fuel negative and test

elevation

Post by elevation »

It was nice and cold last night so I logged my start up and ect correction works well below 60 deg. If its cold enough I'll do negative post fuel correction and see if I can take care of the little dip to 11.3 right after start up.
Attachments
lowstart log
lowstart log
teg low start.JPG (138.61 KiB) Viewed 4999 times
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com

calvin

Post by calvin »

care to test more? but require retune for fuel?

elevation

Post by elevation »

I cant promise the weather will hold out I think it will get warmer soon. The soonest I can retune would be this weekend. If none of this matters then shure. Tonight I was going to mess with the post start fuel and see what happen