Rally Anti Lag

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

rallymatt
http://phpbb3styles.net

Rally Anti Lag

Post by rallymatt »

Hello, I am looking for an ECU to use in my new Gp5 Acura Rally car. I was planning on using EMS because of it's dedicated rally style anti lag function, but was thinking about trying to save a few $$ for more tires and what not. What I need to be able to do, is have a switch to activate a secondary ALS (Anti Lag) map for competition on the stages, and then be able to switch it off for transits (on public roads). EMS, Motec and Autronic have functions for this, but can I utilize similar functionality with eCtune? The secondary map would need to be tuned to allow full or near full boost on no throttle (between shift s, lifts and corners). Typically this would be done by retarding the ignition ALOT and increasing fuel. Also the throttle plate needs to be jacked open mechanically to allow enough air through the throttle body to support combustion with the throttle lifted. This usually requires the \"regular\" map to have alot of retarted timing so the engine does not rev out of control (whaamp whammp). Unless the IAC valve can support enough air? Anyway, I apologize if that sounded retarted, I am a driver, not a tuner and am looking for a cheaper solution right now. Yes I know I will use manifolds/turbos and downpipes every 2-300 miles, and that is fine.
mattjohnstonrally.com

nate
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by nate »

Matt -- long time no see I rememebr you from back in my EF-Honda days... Anyway -- eCtune supports dual maps, (can be activated with a switch) and along with using the programmable outputs to actuate whatever device you rig up to hold open the throttle plate I think it sounds doable as long as you can get the the \"anti lag\" to work as described by retarding the timing. Calvin is working on some stuff that can cut individual cyls so he may have some ideas as well...
eCtune Team

rallymatt

Post by rallymatt »

Awesome, I think it should be do-able. I'd like to put together an eCtune ECU and give it a whirl when it's available. Need a solution by early April.
mattjohnstonrally.com

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

go ahead it's for pre-release sale all ready
Last edited by calvin on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

presale?
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

turbine tuning

Post by turbine tuning »

individual cylinder cuts would be pretty sick.

crx303

Post by crx303 »

turbine tuning wrote:individual cylinder cuts would be pretty sick.
This is what they do with Group N rallycars (like EVO's), cutting the ignition individually to control idle rpm's, because the throttle is not completely closed when off-throttle. Result is a pretty nervous (but cool sounding) idle. Reason for this is to let air pass when the ALS is working off-throttle. Group N cars may not be modified at inlet and exhaust piping. WRC cars instead may have these modifications, so these cars have a bypass air system to feed air in the exhaust manifold for the ALS routine. I'm also very interested in this rally anti lag system.

crx303

Post by crx303 »

Anything new on the individual cilinder cuts (fuel and ignition)? For the rally ALS this is needed at idle.

calvin

Post by calvin »

nope just anti-lag during FTS
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.