Show your wideband!

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Show your wideband!

Post by Gaskleppie »

This is my Innovate wideband I use for street and dyno tuning. Who has also a nice setup like this? I dont use the gray cable anymore. That was the old connection for the analog connection to the ecu. But I leave it for the button and checklight.
Attachments
widebandsetup1.jpg
widebandsetup1.jpg (723.71 KiB) Viewed 14068 times
widebandsetup2.jpg
widebandsetup2.jpg (458.18 KiB) Viewed 14068 times

CRX2

Post by CRX2 »

I took some pictures at Speedcentre/Geldermalen and at FCT/Gorredijk to make one.... I never finished it... :? Now I just replace the original narrowband with my wideband. Nice work Frank , I think I'm going t make a copy :twisted:

ge0ne
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by ge0ne »

But isn't it better to have the wideband on the stock position? I always talk from the side of correct readings.
Regards, George Nerantzis diasiq eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: All over Greece

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

nope only idle is better in stock position. I'll take some pics too
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

A while ago I made the 1\" pipe a bit longer. (see the welding) After that even idle is no problem anymore. You just have to wait a few seconds before the gases reaches the sensor. On throttle, the gases are traveling so fast you almost have no delay. I can mount this setup in 1 minute without heavy tools or lifting the car. It works like a dream. Perfect for street tuning.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I am starting to lean towards making this sort of a setup for my LC1 instead of perma-wiring it into the car. I think it would help with sensor life too.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

90% of the time I use the sensor in either the original bung, or have the customer install a seperate bung before tuning. I want those fast reaction times and precision. I still have my original 6066 wideband sensor which is now 3 years old or so. The thread does not look pretty, but it still works. I´ll do an accuracy test some time and see if it drifted somehow. Wideband controller is built into the ECU. Now converted to the more recent LSU 4.9 . /Allan
Attachments
Wideband built in
Wideband built in
Tuning%20ECU.jpg (52.86 KiB) Viewed 14011 times

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

mmmm, That hub is a good idea..... I now have 3 USB ports in use on my laptop. Sometimes all those cables makes me crazy.

ge0ne

Post by ge0ne »

Why on almost all cars i have noticed a 1AFR difference if i mount the sensor on the exhaust tip, than mounting it on the stock position either with the catalyst on or with a test pipe.
Regards, George Nerantzis diasiq eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: All over Greece

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Gaskleppie wrote:mmmm, That hub is a good idea..... I now have 3 USB ports in use on my laptop. Sometimes all those cables makes me crazy.
That's why my car has a 4-port hub in the glove box =)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

Why on almost all cars i have noticed a 1AFR difference if i mount the sensor on the exhaust tip, than mounting it on the stock position either with the catalyst on or with a test pipe.
1 AFR? So 13 is measured like 14??? Whow! You must be measuring the wrong way. I have checked several times and with this setup I have no difference at all. The key point is to make the pipe long enough so it can not measure clean air. I have 1 permanent installed Innovate in my own car, and I have 1 for tuning like on the pictures above. So its very easy to compare them.

calvin

Post by calvin »

Gaskleppie and i had problems with diff afr. After he made the pipe much longer as in pic the problem was gone
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

ge0ne

Post by ge0ne »

Let me give that a try

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

i have a quick power connection for my wideband that i use to tune cars on. i modified my ecu and the power wires on the wide to make it a plug and play setup: Image[/img]

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

Nice! I had a similar connection on my ecu. It gave the wideband 12V power and the 0-5V signal. But after this mod with the switch to change the lambda input I got a huge AF offset. Now I only use the serial connection. Works perfect!
Attachments
Tuning-ecu.JPG
Tuning-ecu.JPG (154.21 KiB) Viewed 13901 times
Tuning-wideband1.JPG
Tuning-wideband1.JPG (107.59 KiB) Viewed 13903 times
Tuning-wideband3.JPG
Tuning-wideband3.JPG (99.19 KiB) Viewed 13903 times