Show your wideband!

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

akira712
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by akira712 »

Gaskleppie wrote:I do not remember how I did it, have to search...
let us know

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

In the beginning I had huge problems with the LC-1 because of wiring issues. When you use the button and led you have to make a mix of what grounds are connected with ecu ground and what is connected with battery ground. I do not remember how I did it, have to search...
on mine I have the calibration wire and LED + button all grounding on the blue wire to A26 the system ground has nothing else is on it Yeh sadly I use crome pro and don't have a serial stream. Also I have a romulator not an ostrich otherwise I would be all over ectune (looks great, as I've seen it on another car)

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I will update this post with a photo tomorrow; but I managed to squeeze my Ostrich 1 and my old-style HULog into the ECU casing; with only 2 USB cables coming out the top of the cover on the backside... so when mounted in a stock location, the wires come up and out the back, not near the door; so all needed to be done is run the tailpipe probe or o2 in the downpipe, and hook up the power for the LC1 direct to the battery... No more huge clump of tuning equipment to clutter a passenger floor ;)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I made a new tuning ecu for the upcomming eCtune Belgium. Easyer than this is not possible! Just put the ecu in, plug the plugs in the laptop and ecu and its ready to go.
Attachments
ECU-martin4.JPG
ECU-martin4.JPG (390.02 KiB) Viewed 12929 times
ECU-martin3.JPG
ECU-martin3.JPG (371.85 KiB) Viewed 12929 times
ECU-martin2.JPG
ECU-martin2.JPG (212.96 KiB) Viewed 12929 times
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

How is the WB signal fed to the ECU? \"Voeding\" is realy the 3A current for the wideband? I was thinking of doing it that way, but was not sure if the 'mains' were able to draw 3A of power for the WB. And I wan't sure if it would cause spikes in the ECU's main power supply. Although.... a very very nice installation Frank.

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I had it always like this in my own car. The only difference is that in my own car I took the power from the wires outside the ecu, and in this case I took power from within the ecu. Never had any problems with blowing fuses. The wideband signal is not wired at all! Its just power, nothing more. Its a ecu only for tuning so the wideband can only be measured by the serial connection.

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

But still I don't see a WB feed to the ECU. How is that done?

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

The wideband signal is not wired at all! Its just power, nothing more. Its a ecu only for tuning so the wideband can only be measured by the serial connection.

akira712

Post by akira712 »

Orthello wrote:But still I don't see a WB feed to the ECU. How is that done?
serial connection

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

Oh F*** yes. Serial connection is directly to laptop, not to the ECU. Sorry. :oops:

FACETUNED
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by FACETUNED »

so where do you run your wire from the tail pipe sniffer through the trunk or hatch?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Tacoma, Wa - USA FaceTuned.com

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Here's the current ECU: Please don't mind the mess on the floor; it's daily driven and I work too many hours to give a damn about cleaning it right now =) No room for the USB hub in my ECU; I am using an Ostrich one. But I managed to fit it in there with the HULog. The wideband has it's own ground by the ECU, and also it's power comes off an IGN switched relay directly to the battery. I just use the battery clips to hook it up in my cab ;) The little meter probes coming from my WB gear are for the vouts/gauge.... easy hook up to another person's ECU via the wiring harness on the connector.... and unplug the NB02. The Innovate's wiring is routed to a DB9 connector under the hood (I have it under the hood for my car, but I have a second sensor in a tailpipe probe, so it is a quick switchover) so if you need more length to reach the back of the car for power or whatever; just add another DB9 extension. The wires run out under the hood, and through the door jam... fits nicely; no damage. Image Image
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Garrett
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Garrett »

my last one Image Image
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com

ef92b

Post by ef92b »

i think ima have to copy Gaskleppie's tail pipe setup. :) it's very handy, no need to lift a car to tune and crawl under the stock O2 bung and install/remove it afterwards. i didn't mind doing it 2x a month but i feel it tiring the more customer cars i tune. :( here's what i have since last year and still the same setup to-date. same one i used very recently after getting my eCtune PRO license. Image i love this setup simply because even if i'm in the mid of nowhere, the record button is so close i just push it when i want to then record sensor readings then download them at home whenever i'm free. the LMA-3 is also installed flat/ left hand of the LM-1 so as to record acceleration precisely as well then plot graphs using Logworks afterwards. don't mind the mess though. :oops: i pull 3 usb wires down to my laptop since i have 4 of them built-in instead of using a hub. 1 for hulog, 1 for the ostrich rtp and one from the LM-1 serial to usb cable. a separate ground wire is integrated in my main harness(tied to the thermostat housing) when i custom built it during the swap then a fused positive wire off of the ECU 12'v supply. it's been like that till to date with zero issues, even after swapping different chipped ECU's i had for initial tests before handing them out to my customers. for customers, i tune with their own ecu's using my PLX M300 WB and a separate ostrich v1. i use Chris' OBD1 Tuner Harness for quick disconnect from main ecu harness with zero splicing. only thing is pulling two separate wires, switched 12v(+) supply and ground wire from the main wire harness off of the thermostat housing as well. zero AFR offsets there which is good too.
newb a.k.a clyde(pgmfi.org)

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

here is my tuning ECU. Xtronics Romulator Moates Hulog LC-1 wideband with power to A25 on the board, Ground A26, system ground D22, and D14 o2 signal. So its plug and play apart from installing the oxgen sensor and feeding the wires through the firewall to plug into the ecu. has worked great for me! Image