Show your wideband!

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

nate
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by nate »

I have a LM-1 and it has lasted a good 3 years. Prolly went through 5 or 6 sensors in that time period. Going from car to car with the sensor seems to hurt the life a bit.
eCtune Team

zeeman

Post by zeeman »

ya, i've been through a lot of sensors with my PLX as well, i've also had my PLX for over 3 years now and the only problem i've had is with the cable that connects the controller to the o2 sensor, the wires keep getting ripped out of the plug, so i just eliminated the plug (at the controller side) all together and hard wired it, its been problem free ever since.

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

I wish my connectors were more like yours. Its taken a lot of effort to disconnect all the Bosch O2 plugs I've ever dealt with.

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Can someone re post a picture of this tail pipe sniffer. The pics don't seem to be working on the 1st page. Thanks Oh yea I have had a tech edge [for sale] and now a ngk powerdex [of which I love]
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

gaskleppie's one is the best
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

on all these setups in this thread I don't get where you are getting the ground for the \"system ground\" wire of the LC-1 Best thing to do is get a good power and ground. BUT if you are feeding the wideband signal through the ECU, you want the system ground on the same ground as the 02 signal. I.E the car has many ground points, but the pin D22 (sensor ground) is a great place for this wire. I have a LC-1 and I want to know if I am only using the comport to get the signal do I need just power and ground?? Currently I use molex 2 plugs hard wired into the loom that I use for tuning (takes ages to add to someones car) the LC-1 has 2 female molex plugs. the Loom molex plugs get power from A25 (ECU power OBD1) ground A26 (ECU ground OBD1) system ground D22 (sensor ground OBD1) signal D14 (o2 signal wire) I have found using this setup there is never any offset EVER! Its perfect all of the time, the ECU o2 output matches logworks everytime. However I would like a quicker way. Also the molex plugs don't provide a great connection and wear out. I may go to DB9 plugs

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

A quicker way is my way. Use 2 clamps for battery power, or take the power out of your tuning ecu via a plug or so. Then use the serial connection from the LC-1. Thats it! Image The gray rolled up wire is the old connection for the ecu. I dont use it anymore for that but the reset button and led are on that cable also so I still can do a calibration and see the status of the LC-1
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

Yes I understand you get power and ground from the battery. but where do you get the \"system ground\" from? is this also connected to the same ground as the main ground of the LC-1 (it says not to connect them together to avoid offsets) THats why I use main power and ground like you, BUT I use a sensor ground (D22) for system ground this separates the high voltage high noise, from the sensitive items like o2 sensors, TPS, etc. Just wanting to know where your 'system ground' is in the above picture? I am sure you need to hook up the 'system ground' even when only logging through the comport

calvin

Post by calvin »

what offset if you read lc-1->eCtune without going to 0-5v(ecu) first?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

This is using standard programming on the LC-1 but latency at 1/12 I have a JDM P30 with no 0-5v mod no offset. From the LC-1 manual \"Sometimes there is a ground offset between the device that receives the analog output voltage and the LC-1. This can be especially true if the System ground is not connected to the same ground as the measurement device using the analog out. Both devices reference different grounds and therefore see different voltages.\" So using that logic, \"measurement device using the analog out\" THIS IS THE D14 wire on the ecu (o2 signal) this is what measures the \"analog out\" And connecting the 'system ground' to the same ground as the measuring device Using that logic. The 'measuring device' (D14 o2 signal wire) uses the ground D22 therefore the 'system ground' on the LC-1 goes to D22 (this is the factory sensor ground for the factory 02 sensor, so D14 and D22 are a circut) This results in the system ground using the same ground as the measurement device. measurement device=D14 ground for measurement device=D22 Thats the way I hooked it up from day 1, never tried anything else. Time consuming but works fantastic. Never had any need for the 0-5v mod, no offset or anything. So I am wondering how the other setups in this thread hooked up the system ground and if they had any offset? Furthermore does the offset matter if only using the comport (no measurement device to ground offset with then)

calvin

Post by calvin »

most people even with that setup have offset issues

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

thats strange, are they using: A26 BLue GND (splice) A25 RED 12V+ (splice) D22 WHITE system ground (splice) D14 yellow or brown 02 signal (splice) remember the stock 02 sensor MUST be disconnected with this setup. (otherwise you will feed ECU two signals) I will set a constant voltage for analog 2 and let you know if there is any offset at all. By offset are you talking like 0.01AFR cause in that case who cares! I am interested to know if there is any offset when just using the comport (I don't see how there can be an \"offset\" because you are not sending the signal through the ECU)

calvin

Post by calvin »

yes.. i did it my self that why i log straight from the lc-1. much much better

Civic Tsi
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Civic Tsi »

I get an offset of .1 with the signal going in the ecu, no biggie. I've seen AEM WB gauge way out of range from their gauge.
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Qc, Qc, Canada

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

I had it connected like above: A26 BLue GND (splice) A25 RED 12V+ (splice) D22 WHITE system ground (splice) D14 yellow or brown 02 signal (splice) With this I hardly had any offset, but when I changed this setting a bit by adding a switch to choose between the wideband via a special plug on my ecu or the stock o2 sensor I got a very strange offset. This strange offset was changing with engine load! Never found why this was happening. At that time Calvin made the serial stream so the problems were over. Serial stream is dead on! Love it! In the beginning I had huge problems with the LC-1 because of wiring issues. When you use the button and led you have to make a mix of what grounds are connected with ecu ground and what is connected with battery ground. I do not remember how I did it, have to search...
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands