Show your wideband!

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Bindegal »

Seems like I´m still the only one geeky enough to have an internal wideband inside the ECU :) I don´t like tuning with the wideband in the tailpipe. Too long reaction time especially at idle and low load... of course sometimes I´ll have to make do with the tailpipe sniffer method, but it´s always the last option. /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Bindegal wrote:Seems like I´m still the only one geeky enough to have an internal wideband inside the ECU :)
what do you mean internal wideband?
Bindegal wrote:I don´t like tuning with the wideband in the tailpipe. Too long reaction time especially at idle and low load... of course sometimes I´ll have to make do with the tailpipe sniffer method, but it´s always the last option. /Allan
I use the dyno wideband (LM-1) for the dynoruns datalog, and my wideband (LM-1) for all the tuning cruising, deceleration et WOT dyno runs so I able to compare both wideband
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

Garrett wrote:
Bindegal wrote:Seems like I´m still the only one geeky enough to have an internal wideband inside the ECU :)
what do you mean internal wideband?
Look at my first post in this thread. Wideband controller is built into the ECU. It even does LSU 4.9 now which is more accurate and has a wider AFR range than the usual old style 7057 LSU 4.2 that most other widebands still use. Near 0 time spent on wiring and much less cable clutter in the car as I tune. /Allan

Garrett

Post by Garrett »

I saw just the exterior of the ecu, I don't see the interior which brand of controler is it?
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

p07?
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

It´s the tech edge 2D0 built into a P28. (picture shows the more recent 2D1 but it´s the same deal) The XLR-like connector coming from the right side of the ECU is the sensor cable. The 2D0 board sits where the knock board would have been in some P30´s. 2D0/2D1 works with LSU 4.0/4.2/4.9 sensors. /Allan
Attachments
2d1small.jpg
2d1small.jpg (19.76 KiB) Viewed 12517 times

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

looks cool. How does it compare for speed/accuracy/price/ vs the LC-1?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

bindegal, sweet find, link to sellers? i want one!
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

he prob got it from wb02.com in Australia Very much a DIY wideband setup, not ready to go out of the box. People complain about LC-1 for wiring, hahaha Also its quite a bit more expensive than the LC-1, and comes in a raw PCB board format. I'll stick with LC-1 (but that techedge is cool)

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

i have one here that you buy assembled... And believe me it's good... Way better then LC-1
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

Yes I got it from australia. If anyone is interested in reselling the Tech Edge products, I know that Peter is eager to enter the US market somehow. If someone wants to, I can make the introductions. Let me know :) The 2D0/2D1 does come assembled though. It´s a product originally designed for an OEM you can use to build into what ever device needs a wideband controller. So \"by design\" it doesen´t have a case. If you want that, there´s plenty of other products to choose from. I looked at the 2C0 as an alternative to the LC-1. It seems like a far better product to me, but it is also more expensive of course. It´s much easier to use, as all connections are made with - you guessed it - CONNECTORS. And not hi-fi old style DIN and DC connectors that fall out just by looking at them. And it has LED´s built in which actually tell you if there´s a fault. My limited time spent with LC-1´s have brought me far more headaches than 3 years with Tech Edge products... no kidding... /Allan

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

There is an WB02 product wich allows you to record up to 1Mb of data!

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

For the price I love my LC-1. Very accurate, very fast. Bad points: Setup time, gotta wire it correctly went through 1 O2 sensor in 1 week of use on a stock ITR with pump gas! (second sensor has lasted on 5 different cars with tuning and still going great) Techedge is better I can see, but more pricy. (About twice the price my LC-1 cost me!!) However no one has mentioned the accuracy, and speed vs LC-1. I believe LC-1 is ontop in those areas (however techedge has not been reviewed yet) P.S what output would you use to connect a linear voltage to D14 on the ecu? One of the WBlin outputs on the green connector im guessing? Also can ectune log the RS232 techedge serial stream?

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

just read the way techedge reducing ground offsets. Im no electronics expert but read this page: http://www.wbo2.com/sw/wblinout.htm To me it seems to be its the same as connecting the LC-1 sensor output to D14 and system ground to D22 on the ECU. and Power + Ground to A25 and A26 ECU pins. That way the LC-1 will reference the same ground and the ECU (logger) thats my way of thinking from day 1 and has worked for me. IS THIS THE SAME AS THE TECHEDGE IDEA? Or have they added in extra features/circuts to prevent ground offsets? (of course this doesn't apply for ectune) I.E techedge=WBLIN + and WBLIN- LC-1=isn't that analog 1&2 and system ground (white wire)

combz

Post by combz »

I don't have a serial input on my laptop, can i just use a serial to usb?\\And then at this point (assuming i have the power and ground etc. hooked up right, ectune will be able to read from the lm-1? i have an Lm-1. also, how did u guys rig it up so that you could power the wideband from the battery? i have a couple of clamps that i can use, but i need to see a picture of how you actually would wire those up to make it work for power and ground for the wideband. This is very noob question for such an advanced post...but i feel like its unclear for a beginner how to do it. made my own thread in hardware section. http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t=1211