Show your wideband!

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by calvin »

frank ik mis die ITR and tunen met jouw man.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

gaskleppie, how far from the end of the tube have you placed your sensor, and how long is the tube itself? I am actually going to recreate this unit because I like it's designs over a regular exhaust clamp because it does not leave a pinch mark on the customer's tailpipe.... I just got my LC-1 in the mail for doing CROME tunes; but I will also be using it on my car alot of the time as well... I have a feeling I will get pulled over asking what the hell is sticking out of my tailpipe =)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Its 45cm in total and the sensor sits at 10cm from the end of the pipe. Thats about 18\" in total length and the sensor is about 4\" from the end.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

eh, my sensor is about 3\" from the end; if I need more pipe, Ill add it =P Here's a pic of the beginning of it: only thing left is clamp-down plates; I will be making 2, one for small pipe, one for big pipe. I like your idea of putting a DB9 on the end of a serial cable for the unit; makes alot of sense. I will be running that to a DB9 mounted on the ECU case and internally it will provede the ground direct to the ECU via the white wire, and a second cable with the power clips as you have them. Only difference will be a perminantly mounted USB->DB9 on the serial cable (which will probably want an extension to be long enough and not have too long of a USB cable).
Attachments
DSC02090.JPG
DSC02090.JPG (65.25 KiB) Viewed 14793 times
DSC02091.JPG
DSC02091.JPG (46.45 KiB) Viewed 14793 times

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

Ok, a port like on my ecu? ;) Image I got it exactly like that. I used double pins to power the wideband. 1 plate like mine is more than enough. My plate fits any exhaust. The only thing I would do is making a bit of space to match some exhaust like spoon which has a rolled end tip. know what I mean?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Yeah, I see what you mean =) And... exactly =) I was probably going to run a seperate power cord, because the serial cable will be running alongside the wideband cable too... but we will see where that one leads. I could just run the top row of pins solely for power, and run the ground through the shielding/outer casing of the 9-pin connector... this way I know it won't melt-down ever... serial cable wires can be pretty thin sometimes. I know my next ostrich is going to be a V2 so that I can fit it inside the ECU (secure it with hot glue or epoxy) and also a logger and USB hub internal so it will be a truely plug-and-play aside from running the extra wire to the battery for the LC-1 =) Here's something funny; My LC1's serial cable (2.5mm to DB9) has the Tx andRx pins reversed... haha. Go Innovate!

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

My Master once told me that running power for the wideband from the ECU harness could cause problems on some cars. To be honest, I never tried it myself though. I´d rather just spend that extra minute and do it properly (directly from battery terminals). Well worth the effort, if for nothing else then just peace of mind. /Allan

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

The power would be running through a shielded DB9 cable, into the ECU, and the 2 outputs from the LC1 would be used; one to an external plug-in port, and the other hard-wired into the ECU. The +12V line would be run out of the case to the battery with clamp and the GND would be soldered to the ECU board, and the other side of it would be able to be grounded to the inside of the ECU. The ECU holder on the chassis in the vehicle will be where it will link to ground; out the same plug the +12V source is coming from. I already have a few universal test-pipes; one for OEM cat replacement (3 bolt flange and flared end with 2 bolt flange for the DP, and another that is a 2.5\" test pipe with standard flanges not OEM. Maybe once I start doing enough street tunes with CROME I might bite the bullet and investigate a tuner's eCtune license... but that is way down the road....

crx303

Post by crx303 »

My Zeitronix in stock position. The other NB O2 is just fitted to cover the hole :wink: Image My WB is always connected to the ECU, also for closed loop. My ECU with WB controller and Ostrich Image I have extended the 2 USB cables, which are hanging on my phone holder for quick connection to my laptop

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

Image I decided to make my LC-1 less 'perminant' than it comes. I got a cheap project box from Radioshack and went to town. One reason I liked the LC-1, aside from the price and ability to use the SSi-4 for other sensors, is that I can use the small O-Meter to monitor AFR's. I have it velcro'd to a bracket with suction cups that I put right above the steering wheel. Makes for very safe street tuning. One thing to note on that box's size - its packed! I maintained the full length of every wire, just in case... Power is right from the battery via ring terminals and the tinned wire ends in screw-down terminals (5A fuse inline with switch), with the LED showing it's status. The O2 terminal hooks to a wire I have soldered inside the ecu, but lets me use other methods if I have a diff ecu. I can also get wide/narrowband output at the flip of a switch, although the O-Meter always gets wideband. I can also recalibrate easily, or view errors quickly. The last thing is the extension cable. Xenocron sold me half a bad o2 sensor, and I mated it to my old PLX extension. I might go ahead and make one of those tailpipe sniffers if I do several cars this year. All mine have 2 bungs near the axles, but this would make a quick tune check really quick. Besides the sensor, I can have the rest hooked up in a minute (literally!).

sloshy

Post by sloshy »

man you guys make my wideband look like crap, well i need a new one anyways.. what do you guys think a PLX M300 or should i just get another LC1? :?

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

I like the LC1 most for the serial connection and its easier to work with when you do a lot of cars.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

sloshy

Post by sloshy »

Gaskleppie wrote:I like the LC1 most for the serial connection and its easier to work with when you do a lot of cars.
yeah im definetly happy with mine, even though when i got it it was a wiring nightmare

akira712

Post by akira712 »

I dont think id go for an lc-1 again ive never gotten it to be consistent, readings were always erratic. it will work ok for a bit then full rich, full lean...

zeeman

Post by zeeman »

me neither, i could never get my LC-1 to be very consistant and have had a few friends with the same problem. I really like my PLX M300, easy to setup, reliable and relatively inexpensive.