Need a new clutch, any recommendations?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

zeeman
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by zeeman »

its a little heavier, but not a whole lot, its how i feel a stock civic clutch should be, stock civic cluthches are really light IMO.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

on my proclutch, it wasn't the weiht, it was the fact that as soon as it starts to grab, it's like on-off switch.... this is what most people describe to me ;) But that was a STG-III.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

JaredKaragen wrote:on my proclutch, it wasn't the weiht, it was the fact that as soon as it starts to grab, it's like on-off switch.... this is what most people describe to me ;) But that was a STG-III.
I have that now with the Clutchmasters FX400 4 puck. It takes alot of getting used too but once you feel of it, it drives fine. Keeps you on your toes though, sometimes makes you feel like a rookie stalling the car every once in a while not paying attention...LoL

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Competition Clutch has my vote
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

My biggest rant about all of the clutches I have had is the fact that they don't like to release above 7600-7800 that well... Anyone else have this problem?

ls_dx

Post by ls_dx »

I love my CC S5 I got from xenocron !! but my xedy stage 1 was good for n/a!

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

JaredKaragen wrote:My biggest rant about all of the clutches I have had is the fact that they don't like to release above 7600-7800 that well... Anyone else have this problem?
Release? Like...when you press the pedal in, it continues to grip? How on earth does that happen?
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

xenocron wrote:
JaredKaragen wrote:My biggest rant about all of the clutches I have had is the fact that they don't like to release above 7600-7800 that well... Anyone else have this problem?
Release? Like...when you press the pedal in, it continues to grip? How on earth does that happen?
I am guessing it is a bad clutch master cylinder; Or slave cylinder... but it happened in multiple cars.. The centrifical force of the pressure plate spinning causes the pressure plate to want to return to the flywheel.... Against the pressure of your foot pushing the clutch in. and when it does... it sucks.. I wish some of you were colser, I would put my redline at 8k, then tell you to try and revv it with the clutch in, with your foot off the brake and it in 2st gear; without the car moving or wanting to engage the clutch.... you can feel the clutch push back. My redline for sometime has been lowered to 7400 or less because of this issue. Imagine doing a pull in 2nd, and when you try to get it into 3rd, it just stays stuck in 2nd, and sometimes when it happens it just grinds on 3rd cause it's still revvin too high to depress the clutch... I am going to replace the Clutch master cylinder; but this happened in 2 different vehicles, with aftermarket and oem clutches.