Need a new clutch, any recommendations?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

civic4g
http://phpbb3styles.net

Need a new clutch, any recommendations?

Post by civic4g »

Hi I'm planning to change the clutch next month, but i'm still not sure of what to get. I'm running NA and aiming a max of 160whp so no need of \"hardcore\" clutches. I was thinking on a exedy stage 1 kit, to mate with exedy FW (already bought), but i've read some negative reviews about it on the web that got me confused. What's your opinions? Thanks in advance

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

contact xenocron.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

yc underground
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by yc underground »

x2 hook me up
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: York, PA, USA www.ycunderground.com www.facebook.com/YCUDynoTuning

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

I had a clutchmasters fx100 and I loved it. I added my greddy kit and at 5psi it would only slip 1st gear but held every other in boost. I took it out for obvious reasons but it actually still looks really good.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Honestly; I bought my STGIII 6-puck off ebay; ProClutch was the brand... it has around 30,000 miles on it now; but I have pretty good clutch habbits. It has never slipped on me, except for the one time my buddy tried to do a 4th gear peelout by mistake.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

i have a proclutch dual diaphram very happy with it
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

i like my clutchmasters stage 3.

ge0ne

Post by ge0ne »

I love my Competition Clutch 3rd stage. Xenorcon hooked me up.
Regards, George Nerantzis diasiq eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: All over Greece

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

Thanks for all replys guys, but at most i'll need a stage 1. I'm not planning to go FI in a near future.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Call Clutch Specialties.. http://www.clutchspecialties.com/ Their site looks booboo, but their clutches are bad ass.. Used to use them on every car that came throgh the shop from N/A to ghigh HP Turbo, never had one fail, and they are unbeatable pricewise.. Just tell him what you want and he'll tell you which clutch you need, hes got like every kind of setup you could think of and tailers it to your needs.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

civic4g wrote:Thanks for all replys guys, but at most i'll need a stage 1. I'm not planning to go FI in a near future.
Comp Clutch Stage 1 is a 6 puck sprung disc...rated as a replacement for the stock clutch. I would recommend a Stage 2, which is a full face disk, slightly beefier pressure plate and good over feel with an 80% over stock torque rating. Let me know if you need one :)
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

It looks really good, but get the new clutch from USA it's a bit prohibited for me because of the postage costs and import taxes. I was trying to get one from europe as i wouldn't need to pay import taxes. The most common clutches for this sides are exedy, i can get exedy stage 1 with some ease in my country. Anyway can someone exlpain why i see some exedy stage 1 discs with 4 springs and others with 6 springs. Have been searching the web for this but no luck so far. Most exedy kits i see on ebay are 4 springs, but the ones i can get in my country are 6 springs. The local dealer says that 6 springs disks are made in japan while others are made in usa. Anyone can confirm this :?: Thanks

BRMS

Post by BRMS »

I really enjoy the competition cluch systems. If you haven't already got a clutch kit let me know. I have stage 1 - 5 in stock and can ship same day. PM for price. Thank You
Regards, Blueridge Motorsports eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Hickory, NC 828-322-9600

zeeman

Post by zeeman »

i'm using an exedy stage 1 clutch on my b16 civic. It was originally built for n/a so i didn't need anything crazy, put 50,000kms on it, then boosted it, its been holding boost for 20,000kms now. Very impressed with my exedy clutch its holding 276whp fairly well for daily use. But i will be replacing it before taking it back to the track this year with a stage 3 copetition clutch i've got here.

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

zeeman wrote:i'm using an exedy stage 1 clutch on my b16 civic. It was originally built for n/a so i didn't need anything crazy, put 50,000kms on it, then boosted it, its been holding boost for 20,000kms now. Very impressed with my exedy clutch its holding 276whp fairly well for daily use. But i will be replacing it before taking it back to the track this year with a stage 3 copetition clutch i've got here.
What's the feel compared to stock clutch? Much heavier?