Catch Can/Breather set-up

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Almighty-Si
http://phpbb3styles.net

Catch Can/Breather set-up

Post by Almighty-Si »

What does everyone here do for crankcase ventilation? I was thinking about the endyn set-up but then started talking to someone about a vacuum set-up that I don't think will work, so I thought I would post maybe get your ideas, thoughts and maybe see some pics of your set-ups. Thanks !

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

i only vent my block as of right now, ill get to the head eventually. i use the OEM fittings on the back of it, with all of the stock stuff removed. no pics but there is a ton of them on h-t. i also have a self made can that i made out of the charcoal canister. it fits in its location and looks \"stock\" but the drain back is almost nonexistent. no idea how well it works but i do have to add oil every once in a while.

David974

Post by David974 »

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I got a endyn type system. I made it myself but I used way thicker hoses and connectors. It lowered the oil consumption a lot on my old engine!
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

crx303

Post by crx303 »

My existing setup: Image I'm going to change it shortly, setup will be the same but more bling factor :oops: :)

danny

Post by danny »

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

I have 2 seperate hoses going to crankcase and valve cover. Both are connected to an old Opel/GM washer fluid container. Top of container is connected to the inlet pipe going to the turbo. /Allan

jcoosi

Post by jcoosi »

I run 2 endyn cans one on the valve cover and one on the block Image

rschoener
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by rschoener »

We use two Endyn Catch Cans also right now. The one from the block drains back to the block. The one from the head needs to be checked from time to time. We have not had much oil build up in them. I will be trying a Check valve setup to the exhaust to help evacuate or create a vacuum in the block catch can. Many dragsters run a line with a valve from the header to the valve covers. I have heard roomers of this freeing up some extra HP.
Attachments
shop_pics_074_220.jpg
shop_pics_074_220.jpg (80.31 KiB) Viewed 6187 times
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Atco, NJ, USA Randy Schoener RSTECH www.rstech-racing.com

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

rschoener wrote:I will be trying a Check valve setup to the exhaust to help evacuate or create a vacuum in the block catch can. Many dragsters run a line with a valve from the header to the valve covers. I have heard roomers of this freeing up some extra HP.
This is what I want to do also but not to the valve covers. Basically I want to use whats there and then just vent into the exhaust under boost but I need to find check valves that will work at high temps.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I don't think it would be hard to fashion some sort of metallic check valve if you have a lathe on hand =) or use an GPO to activate some sort of high-temp solenoid to the exhaust when x-psi hits. =) These inputs/outputs are becoming very handy!
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

nate
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by nate »

Summit.com has them
eCtune Team

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Yea thanks Nate. I saw the moroso kit and then found a Mr. Gasket kit at Jegs for half the price. Going to order the kit tomorrow.

akira712

Post by akira712 »

Almighty-Si wrote:Yea thanks Nate. I saw the moroso kit and then found a Mr. Gasket kit at Jegs for half the price. Going to order the kit tomorrow.
Link?

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

I don't have a link at the moment I'm on my blackberry but you can just goto jegs.com and type Mr. Gasket 6002 or just 6002 in the search box and it should take you right to it. It's $39.99 and I believe shipping is free.