Picked up a JRSC

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JaredKaragen
http://phpbb3styles.net

Picked up a JRSC

Post by JaredKaragen »

I am curious; What is the recommended base timing for running a S/C on a 1.5L? Knowing the charger's need for -10 to -8 timing with the OEM configuration, I am wondering if I am pulling enough timing from my maps to be safe... I have only been driving out of boost; which is mighty slow.... but worth the caution right now. Any recommendations? And... if any of the tuners out there have a JRSC .cal, it would be awesome. Even if for a GSR, etc; I can still interpret the tune and make an appropriate basemap based on it. Here's some eye candy; Thanks in advance! Image
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

sewell94
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by sewell94 »

You keeping the turbo along with the charger?? I have map from a jrsc b16 i did, whats your email??

sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

i saw your thread on honda-tech. i must say, your car has come a LONG way since you started with pvc piping and no oil lol. looks good!

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

jaredkaragen @ gmail (dot) com you my friend... rock! I will post up my SOHC .cal when I get it ironed out.... Turbo is off until the charger is tuned for obvious reasons... then look out!

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I have a map for that exact same motor.. 1.5 non-VTEC right? We were getting about 10PSI on it.. I\"ll post lemme find. . .
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

err wait, that is a VTEC.. lemme see what I have brb..

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Here you go heres a few.. The single cam has a large jump in timming, it was pinging real ybad down low but up top it would take alot more timming, the 2 GSRs were both dyno tunned.. Don't ask me on the power I don't really remember, somewhere in the 200 range.. I keep all the SC tunes here pretty conservative cause its gets REALLY hot here.. Most important thing it too keep an eye on your IATs, they can get VERY HOT very fast so keep a close eye on that.. the stock IAT compensation values that I had calvin put in there should take care of that, but keep an eye on it just incase.
Attachments
Brandon GSR JRSC 9PSI 440C RC.cal
JDM GSR
(8.17 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
GSR Jackson Racing 450RC.cal
Stock GSR
(8.17 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Austin Single Cam JRSC 450DSM.cal
Single Cam non-VTEC
(8.17 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

sewell94

Post by sewell94 »

Map sent, its for 450cc Gsr jrsc stock map sensor dyno tuned map but very conserative, car runs great, no pings or driveability issues. Its his daily driver. 200ish hp on land and sea dyno.

calvin

Post by calvin »

eCtune tuner are nice huh?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Hands-down, the best investment in the last 3 years right here ;) I am going to peer over these now and mock up a good map; The non-VTEC map should be good for the LowCam, but I will probably go with the HiCam maps from the most suitable and better looking map of the posted.... depending on if I see timing changes/tuning, etc. As soon as the JRSC is not pinging (my crap hipshot basemap likes to ping a little between 3K and 4.5K) I will be putting the turbo back on within the week.... but I need to re-evaluate if that little internal JRSC bypass valve will flow the CFM of 11.5PSI from a T3/T04E 57 trim.... that is my main concern. The typical configuration for TwinCharging uses the SC to spool the turbo, and a recirc valve bypasses the SC alltogether when the turbo spools up; but I need to run turbo to SC, so it is going to take a little creative thinking. If need be, I will use a vaccum pump activated by the ECU to enable/disable the flapper valve in the JRSC; but I have yet to check on it's operation (VAC or boost activated is unknown for the time being; but I think it's vaccum). thanks again, I will report back shortly!

calvin

Post by calvin »

that jackson valve... i did with Gaskleppie a ton of JRSC in holland. I know it's a bypass valve doesn't it work like i wastegate.. Frank jump in... i forgot... i hate jrsc sorry :oops:
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Ok, Thanks guys; I started with the closest setup; looked like it had a slight more under the belt; here's my mod of it; mostly corrected for AFR by adjusting injector offset and FV at idle by ear, then revving to a steady 2K and fine tuning the AFR that way; I think I have it pretty close ( I have wideband offset issues, and my terminator is missing for my LC1, so no AFR for now :( But I trust my judgment! ) I played a little with the 500-1000RPM loCam ignition for a slightly better rev... nothing extreme. As I expected; power falls short up top... makes me want to slap the turbo on right now, but I can see the differences in the maps; especially the GSR map where the boost fuel is prominent... I will make another .cal and put that in the .cal forum.. but here is my first drivable map; and the associated datalog of the tune-in and drive. As for the bypass valve; I am almost certain it is vaccum activated; because it connects to a vac. port right next to the PCS port.... so... it looks like I need to have a vaccum pump, and run some sort of solenoid or boost controller on it; when the charge piping sees my WG amount of boost; the ECU will switch on a vaccum pump connected to the bypass valve, and also switch on a solenoid I have lying around from a VW... Hopefully this does the trick... but I am doubting it's flow once again; because it is only ~ 1\" diameter of actual flow space.... Hence me being worried and considering adding a tube with flapper between the intake tube after the throttlebody, and the back/top of the charger to the boost carrying plenum.... Which would entail grinding, cutting, and tig welding =)
Attachments
003. kevin base 2 MY CONFIG TEST 1.cal
D15B-DsM450-JRSC
(8.17 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
003. 001 Log1.elf
003. kevin base 2 MY CONFIG TEST 1.cal Subsequent log
(2.36 MiB) Downloaded 178 times

sewell94

Post by sewell94 »

I say why bypass the sc when the turbos spooled up, just run both, then just use some nitrous to cool the intake charge:) I've REALLY been wanting to do a compound turbo setup, i'd love to see 50+ lbs of boost, the truck guys are doing it with 2 smallish turbo's and making 90+ lbs of boost. (holset hy35's, why couldn't we do something similar)

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Actually; I was going to bolt it up and see what happens; I will have my 6.5PSI WG on the T04E, so it will be interesting if PSI goes up from there; Then any more and an EBC would be all I ever need! In this method I need to point out: Boost pressure from the turbo _WILL_ hold the flapper valve shut; forcing the turbo's charge through the SC... The flapper is vaccum.... Interesting. It's either easy, or rip it off and modify the manifold... either way I am in for it. I am transposing better ignition (still pinging some) and fueling maps.... I will just see if I can make up a quick plug for my LC-1... Once she runs smooth the turbo is going back on. Thanks again guys, and input is _always_ appreciated! If i have spare time this weekend and my tune is solid, I will hopefully be able to reinstall the turbo on sunday; It would only take me ~1 1/2 hrs or so; The oil line's new routing will be fed from the VTP port on the VTEC solenoid ;) If all works well, I am off to purchase an edelbrock kit, just so I can smog with both and make the smog tech laugh his ass off! (And yes, it will pass ;) )

calvin

Post by calvin »