1/4 ET....vs datalog

eCtuned Cars and their results

Moderator: Gaskleppie

sohcd16y8
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by sohcd16y8 »

Traps speed is an average over the last 66 ft on all modern timing systems. I know some older tracks had different distances, but I have never heard of a timing system that averages your speed in the braking zone.

marshall.hagen

Post by marshall.hagen »

sohcd16y8 wrote:Traps speed is an average over the last 66 ft on all modern timing systems. I know some older tracks had different distances, but I have never heard of a timing system that averages your speed in the braking zone.
You are most likely correct. I was going off of what I was told ages ago, and my memory isn't perfect :cry: Moral of the story is that your Trap Speed is not an 'instantaneous' speed.

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

marshall.hagen wrote: Moral of the story is that your Trap Speed is not an 'instantaneous' speed.
And it will never be. Speed is always a product of time and distance. So in some way you're always talking about an average speed. It will always be a trade-off between 'instantaneous' and accuracy. Shorter measuring distance also introduces an amount of inaccuracy.

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

marshall.hagen wrote: It is the speed 60' before the 1/4, the speed at the 1/4, and 60' after the quarter, all averaged together.
I have never once heard of this...are you certain?
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Its def some sort of average. I've been try to work with this issue all season.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

As been said, its the avg of the last 66ft. Just look at any track and you'll see the 2 boxes at the end.