1/4 ET....vs datalog

eCtuned Cars and their results

Moderator: Gaskleppie

TheGuardian
http://phpbb3styles.net

1/4 ET....vs datalog

Post by TheGuardian »

98' Integra putting down 250whp/246wtq on a 18G (dyno graph in the dyno forums) running all season street tires. Temp was 45-50 degrees...tires set to 26psi. Found I had more traction in 2nd gear and pulled better times with a passenger in the car as well. .719 - Reaction 2.23 - 60ft 6.24 - 330ft 8.73 - ET@594 9.28 - 1/8ET 81.98 - 1/8mph 14.02 - 1/4 ET 103.41 - 1/4mph Still new at running at a strip - second time out, also new at running a turbo charged car...so I wasn't expecting a whole lot. However, after looking at the VSS signal and subtracting from the time I hit 103mph (45.84) by the time I started (32.96) comes out to be 12.88 seconds. So my 1/4ET is 14.02 but eCtune is telling my I should have seen a time closer to 12.8 Reaction time shouldn't be counted in the ET, and if it was that would bring my 1/4ET to 13.59 still 0.43s from my actual 1/4ET. La Rue (the strip) is notorious for having traction issues and isn't maintained very well as far as strips go. I was talking to a friend of mine and his best for that day was a 15 second pass, while his best at another strip was a 14.1s pass. So aside from that, could it be possible that the tracks 1/4ET is inaccurate? The data log doesn't lie unless my VSS is WAY off...in this case about 4-5mph off. Thoughts? Attached in my tune and data log of the run. Please tell me if things add up or not...thanks!
Attachments
Matt_Shue_tune_hybrid.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
boost3.elf
Datalog of run
(209.27 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Team-Integra member (TheAlpha) Silver Integra LS-T 250whp/246wtq @13psi

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Looks like you shifted early from 3rd-4th

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

6800rpm to early? I stay in my powerband better shifting at 6800rpm, so i haven't been shifting at 7k. Any ideas? I checked my VSS signal vs my GPS receiver (has been pretty accurate in the past) and they both were always within 1mph of eath other. Of course this margin could increase the faster I go. (i wasn't able to hit 100+mph of course) So if I measure from 0 - 105mph it comes to ~13.5s...with my reaction time added it comes to 14.2 which is close to my actual time. :?

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Reaction time doesnt count unless its competition. I can tell just by looking at the 1/8th mile results your not getting out fast enough. Should be in the high 8 second range. Your trap speed is about right for those power #'s, maybe a little low. YOu can def. get a mid 13 sec pass if you can get the 60ft down.

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

Ok, so my biggest problem is gaining traction in 1st and 2nd gear. Its bad when im pulling faster times with a passenger in the car. (Passenger was 150-160lbs) That right there is .1-.2 seconds, correct? And i can see where you going with my 1/8th mile time, makes sense. I installed some ES urethane motor mount inserts to help with the wheel hope and the first 2-3 runs of the night it seemed greatly reduced. However after the sun went down and the temp dropped wheel hop creeped back in. By my 14 second last run it was pretty bad again through 1st. You can see how sloppy first gear is...that can't be good for my 60ft.

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

You using boost by gear? Try setting 1st to wastegate pressure. Preloading is the key to getting out smooth. Just ride the clutch out until you feel it hook and give it more gas.

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

Yes, I did try boost by gear, although I didn't bring it down to WG pressure. Which I beleive is 8lbs or so. I'll probably set it to something like this next time: 1st - wastegate (~8lbs) 2nd - 10lbs 3rd - 13lbs 4th - 13lbs 5th - 13lbs Also, i'll try preloading the suspension after staging. Just so im clear on what to actually do when preloading...once I have staged and have engaged the e-brake I let out the clutch until it catches slighty causing the suspension to settle into possition, then push the clutch back to the floor. At launch I should \"frimly\" let out the clutch as opposed to droping the clutch to prevent wheelspin - i should be looking for a smooth launch, not nessesarily a hard launch. btw, thanks for your help so far Chris!
Last edited by TheGuardian on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

It takes practice but you'll get it. Its all about smooth power delivery.

M2_Motorsports

Post by M2_Motorsports »

you should come to National Trails (east side of Columbus) this Sunday noon to 5pm test and tune. Much better track. Look for a black prelude with a gray primer driver door.

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

M2_Motorsports wrote:you should come to National Trails (east side of Columbus) this Sunday noon to 5pm test and tune. Much better track. Look for a black prelude with a gray primer driver door.
I was there for IFO last August, and it was a very, very nice track. I would go but its still a bit of a drive for me and im a little short of funds right now. How late do they run into the season?

M2_Motorsports

Post by M2_Motorsports »

Test and tune this Sunday and Next Sunday. Many Fridays throughout the Summer they have \"Street Fights\". Some tracks call the grudge races... but it is esentially test and tune. Just line up and run. I live in Bellefontaine, so National trail is not much further (10 mins) than driving thru BFE to get to MCIR. I have to go and shut a guy up about his 6 liter GTO. :roll: Here is link to there Schedule: National Trail Schedule

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

M2_Motorsports wrote: I have to go and shut a guy up about his 6 liter GTO. :roll:
I've got a group of friends convinced theres no way I'll keep up with a stock LS2 gto. hehe :twisted:

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

ckretvix wrote:
M2_Motorsports wrote: I have to go and shut a guy up about his 6 liter GTO. :roll:
I've got a group of friends convinced theres no way I'll keep up with a stock LS2 gto. hehe :twisted:
LoL Stock LS2 GTOs run low 13s at best.... :roll: Show em up 8)

groottAnync

1/4 ET vs datalog

Post by groottAnync »

anyone running a stock k24a1 block with k20a2 head i am street tuning and looking for someones datalog to compair to mine

marshall.hagen

Post by marshall.hagen »

Your trap speed is not an 'instantaneous' speed. It is the speed 60' before the 1/4, the speed at the 1/4, and 60' after the quarter, all averaged together. If you just look at your VSS logs at your 1/4 speed, that is not your trap speed. Just trying to clear up any confusion...