F22 Accord @ 10 psi

eCtuned Cars and their results

Moderator: Gaskleppie

dbsharp
http://phpbb3styles.net

F22 Accord @ 10 psi

Post by dbsharp »

went down to Piedmont dragway the other day and ran my car. The track was not prepped at all, and traction was just a wet dream even on my drag radials. I am going to go back for test and tune when they are going to prep the track and I hope to do better. the track is a 1/8th mile My fastest ET was 8.99 My fastest MPH was 85

ashb82

Re: F22 Accord @ 10 psi

Post by ashb82 »

i hate i missed this. I will be going this weekend and maybe next also.

dbsharp

Post by dbsharp »

well let me know when you go up there. I want to go again and try to get some betters times.

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

I go to piedmont from time to time also. Their track is usually either crap, or ok depending on what events might be going on. Would love to see your car out there. Maybe we can make it a eCtuner get together lol.

dbsharp

Post by dbsharp »

I wouldn't mind to go somewhere else, I just don't know where is going to be good. Ashbe and I have been talking about meeting up sometime soon at the track. I'd love to get more ectuners out there.

ashb82

Post by ashb82 »

they are having a import event on 8/28

dbsharp

Post by dbsharp »

I spent all my money on books and tuition and there are too many things on my car that are broken..... Ill just have to wait to go back to the track later.

thething96

Post by thething96 »

dbsharp, I see your accord is nicely built. I have a 95' accord lx, 5 speed. I'm planning on going turbo, maybe pushing around 12 psi, hoping to get to the low to mid 200hp range. I have a good game plan for this setup, but this is the first accord I've had. Asides from bigger injectors, better clutch, better mounts,,, etc, what would I have to keep on eye for on this car. Meaning, what are problems that usually occur with accords. I've always had integras before, so I'm blind when it comes to this car. One thing though, is that this engine is very well built, very solid. This thing has close to 250k miles, and it runs amazing(after a good retune). Turns right on, no weird noises, no smoking. Thanks.

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

dbsharp wrote:I spent all my money on books and tuition and there are too many things on my car that are broken..... Ill just have to wait to go back to the track later.
I hear you on that. I was fortunate enough that this semester I could get all my books used as I am getting to senior level classes. This part of the year is always tight for a college student.

dbsharp

Post by dbsharp »

yes it is! Thething. At the very least check your compression first. Get it tuned well and cross your fingers. you have a fairly high mileage stock motor, don't expect it to last but don't bee to surprised if it does. The stock f22s can be robust if the setup and tune is good. Oh here is a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbp5Q3g7luA

thething96

Post by thething96 »

dbsharp, My accord is exactly the same as yours, probably same color too(it's got a dark blue pearl metallic color!!!!!) Nice setup. What kind of tires were you using when you went to the track?