B16 CRX

eCtuned Cars and their results

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

B16 CRX

Post by Bugermass »

Full Body CRX SI With a built B16 making 199HP @ 9,600 RPM Type R wLSD Hydro Tranny Skunk 2 Coilovers and BFG Drag radials at 18PSI 1/8 Mile Ran a 8.34 with a 2.1 60ft Don't remember the MPH. Going again this friday with Hytech Header (retune hopfully tommorrow) with custom traction bars we fabbed up, Tein FLEX suspention and slicks. oh and new axels ; ) ...
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Joey Misanthropy
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

What is your opinion on the Tein FLEX?
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

Um. . for a all out drag car, you could go with the omnipower setup and get simular performance/stiffness for less money, but if your road racing or drivng on the street the FLEX dampers have really good adjustability.. I had the Apexi N1 setup on an integra for a while and I think the FLEX are better.

blundar
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by blundar »

I'd beg to differ. I hold Tein to be the lowest of the low - JDM bling cleverly disguised as real performance parts. I'd say the N1 Pros and original N1s are a definate step up from the Teins, and the ExVs are about on the same par. For a roadrace/autocross car nothing beats the GC/Koni setup. For a street car, my money would go to the Eibach coilovers. Nice track results :)
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA \"That motor's hit!\" - me

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

funny.... I have Tein RE (the circuit set) and I love them! A friend of mine who also drives an ITR has the Koni set and suffers from understeer. With my stock B16 engine I could hang on to him on Zandvoort circuit lap after lap without losing him. See my video at You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnSTTkLf-Xw

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

I think if you get th basic damper they prolly suck, but the FLEX the RE and the RS are all bad ass..

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Tonight was good.. Ran 8.24 @ 84 MPH, The MPH was low due to not having time to tune with the new header, old MPH was 89 on old header fully tuned. I basically just added some fuel to make sure it wasn't lean, datalogged a pass to verify, and ran the rest of the night with no other changes.. Going to hit up the dyno tommorrow to see if I can dial some more HP outta it with the new hytech header. Dropped my 60ft time to 1.78 with the slicks and traction bars we fabbed up.. Its nice to be able to launch at 8500RPM and the car actually move when the tires rotate :lol: .. Unfotunatly I turned the wheel a little too far in the parking lot and the slick rubbed the traction bar and it unscrewed it out of adjustment, so on that pass I went down the track with the wheel locked full left to keep it straight (wrist still hurts from that...) So tommorrow DYNO (fingers crossed nothing else busted and its just the bars outta adjustment) AND were gonna add a 75 shot eCtune style ; ) Out of all the full race motors I've built I can honestly say building a B16 has been the most fun and is really the most responsive and smoothest revving.. Sure it makes a little less power, but thats what nitrous is for : ))))...

redshade5

Post by redshade5 »

thats why I always said if you want to build a honda stop trying to build a big stroke motor. We have both seen the out come of that. Every now and then one will last for a while. Other than that thye like to chew up bearings. Plus that b16 I am not sure you eremeber but I had the crank chamfers. so t has better oiling. RPM's rule in front wheel drive. Still eed to strap te front ed of tha car and get it scaled out.