BRMS Civic

eCtuned Cars and their results

Moderator: Gaskleppie

BRMS
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

BRMS Civic

Post by BRMS »

well here we go :) Thursday night ended soonier than expected. Third pass down the track, click 3rd gear and cleaned the teeth off the ring gear. This morning we dropped the tranny. Rushed around trying to located another b16 ring rear.. had plenty of gsr's ring gears, just the diameter is to big.. finally an hour before track time, we located a busted s4c b16 tranny, ripped it apart, luckily there it was, a good ring gear. jammed the tranny back together, and wow, we were back up and running. 10 Mins til track time, detuned the engine to a flat 19psi.. and were off. all the hard work paid off.. 7.04 @ 107 . . best time so far for us. we ran an unoffical 7.01 @ 110 but the damn time sign was out.. were getting there :D

BRMS

Post by BRMS »

updated video @ www.myspace.com/BRMS

JKOBD

Post by JKOBD »

Looks good man. I bet if you short shifted sooner into second, it will help you out a lot. Also, if you keep breaking tranny parts, I would recommend someone to heat treat them. I have gone through tons of tranny gears and finals and finally got some to hold after the treating. Good job though man.
JKOBD 9.69@150 2000 Civic Street Car

BRMS

Post by BRMS »

thank you. First off... were down sizing from the 26s Tires until the race gear box gets here.. second.. we have tested the stock parts for strength & hardness.. and actually they are borderline to hard.. counter & main shafts had a hardness of 66.. some of the gears were more ideal with a hardness of 55... we actually plan on bringing the hardness level down around 50 even.. there so hardened, there to the point of being brittle. Ive been real easy on the shifts cause we out of parts for the moment.. and the PINKS ALL OUT race is less then a week a away.. taking the power out of the car made the most difference.. were not over powering the track any more. nice smooth transaction..

BRMS

Post by BRMS »

Tonight on 24.5 slicks we went 7.00 @ 107... Tomorrow is the test n tune for PINKS ALL OUT in Bristol, TN... wish us luck.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

that is sick.. Good luck and i hope u have bigger eCtune stickers now...
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

BRMS

Post by BRMS »

burning the midnight oil.. ill try like hell to make a roof sticker first thing in the morning.. loads of shit to do before i leave at 9am!

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

Make pictures please
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

BRMS

Post by BRMS »

I'll have loads of crisp pictures! Can't Wait!!

rschoener

Post by rschoener »

sounds like fun. Is this a 1/8th mile track? and what is your 60' times? just courious

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

looks to me like 1/8 mile. that's sick fast!

Joey Misanthropy

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

Brandon was pulling 1.7x 60' times on the 26\" slicks. His alignment wasn't spot on then, and the car is geared stupidly (not their fault, it's running a stock box because Quaife had problems servicing their own gears)... it went 11.3 in the 1/4th mile track, crossing the traps while still in 3rd gear. I haven't seen it (running) on the 24.5\" tires yet, but it should put the car's gearing where it needs to be until they get the race box back. I *will* get to see it tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited. This car has a LOT of potential.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

BRMS

Post by BRMS »

The car went multiple 1.65 & 1.66 sixty foots at Shady Side Dragway on 24.5s.. now PINKS @ bristol was another story. Very greasy track.. 1.74 was the best 60 the car posted.. car ran 2 back to back 10.70s on 19psi (130 track temp). The last run didn't get a time slip due to the PINKS show.. im waiting on an email back from Nate to get the offical time.. it was a high boost 33psi pass and it pulled hardcore! (115 track temp) I will post vids links tomorrow! it was awesome fuN! .

Joey Misanthropy

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

Holy shit the track must have been covered up if you only got two test and tune passes the whole day Friday. How many people did they let in? @ Rockingham was \"supposed\" to be 300 but they sold 360-something entries, and Jason still got 3-4 passes in around three hours of test and tune. I bet Bristol was greasy because their concrete still isn't correct. Sucks, but it probably affected the RWD cars a hair more than it did your Civic. Andy Duncan was telling me that yours was the fastest import he saw there. Props!
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

BRMS

Post by BRMS »

www.blueridgemotorsports.com New Video main Page!! 38meg. give it a sec
Regards, Blueridge Motorsports eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Hickory, NC 828-322-9600