2-Step is active all the time when enabled

eCtune Bugs and Fixed Bugs

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JBird20
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by JBird20 »

everything works fine. the problem is the launch control..when u disable launch control the car runs PERFECTTT. When u enable launch control, it doesnt matter wut speed or wut rpm u want it to start at, it always hits in around 4000-4500. The VSS is good and its always worked perfectly. Since i got my labtop on the car and all these updates have been coming in. The car is acting differently every time. First i had a problem starting it and i had to get a newer version. Now i cant even drive the car with launch control on cause it wont go past 4000 grand.

JBird20

Post by JBird20 »

I made a log but you cant tell what it does from looking at it....u have to be in the car. i sent calvin my .cal file already. Im still on .59 rom...i dunno if i get the .60 maybe it will change.

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

So if you look at the VSS data in the log.... what does it say? Post log (and cal) here, then we can think together!

JBird20

Post by JBird20 »

it says my speed...if my speedo says 30mph...so does the computer. I will try to get the log and cal file on here if i can figure out how.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

see screenshot vss is messed up. his vss ftl limit 8mph the ecu read 6mph for a few miliseconds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

Just as I expected. And it's nota bit messed up. It's complete bogus. Look the RPM's going up, while VSS is al around the place.

JBird20

Post by JBird20 »

well i guess it can be only 2 things...eithe the cluster is bad or the ecu cause my speedo still works...so i ordered a new cluster and im gonna try a new ecu

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

i've actually ran into this problem, but its random and not always at the same RPM. It has happened at 2k, 3k, and 4k RPM. I'll be accelerating and the engine will hit a rev limiter. It doesnt do this all the time tho which is weird and its rarely the same RPM. Happened to me about 4-5 times now.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

The RPM's should be linear to VSS; unless idling in neutral. Your getting false <6Mph hits in your ECU; check the VSS or wiring to the ECU.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

It really looks like the ECU (and eCtune) is doing what it´s supposed to. VSS goes below your launch threshold speed. What wouild really help is more info on the car itself, that could help the diagnosing a bit. If the VSS is on the gearbox (and hence, electronic speedo) AND the speedo is working right, you´re seeing a wiring or electrical ECU problem. If the VSS is in the speedo (hence, mechanical drive from gearbox to speedo) the true problem is probably VSS in the speedo. I have the exact same problem in my old CRX, VSS is all over the place. So I will be installing an electrical VSS and must figure out how to get the speedo working too... /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

JBird20

Post by JBird20 »

well i ordered another cluster for the car. Im gonna try putting that in a see if it changes. If it doesnt help, im gonna have to get another ECU cause my speedo is working so i know its not the cable. Its the part that SENDS the signal or the part that RECIEVES the signal so either CLUSTER or ECU

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

Or the wiring and/or connectors in between!!!

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Yeah; I suspect the wiring; cause if your speedo is working; then the VSS is working; and all is left is the ECU or witing to it.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

JBird20

Post by JBird20 »

got a new speedo today gonna try that...if that doesnt work..gatta switch ECU;s

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

JBird20 wrote:got a new speedo today gonna try that...if that doesnt work..gatta switch ECU;s
AND check wiring and connectors.