2.2r0 Freezing bug

eCtune Bugs and Fixed Bugs

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JaredKaragen
http://phpbb3styles.net

2.2r0 Freezing bug

Post by JaredKaragen »

Open eCtune connect USB cable for serial innovate logging. click connect for datalogging without going to the settings menu to confirm COM port: eCtune freezes... need to force close thru task manager, and reload eCtune. This is related to the innovate serial connecting bug. Instead of getting the \"Innovate wideband not detected\" alert, I get an application lockup. Second: When doing the force-update for 2.2r0, after updating, all of my custom presets (for datalogging graphs for example) are gone and reverted to default. Third: Tipout; very excited to try this out; as I get 10.0 or richer everytime the gas pedal is lifted; no matter how much. Let me know when you are testing this parameter ;)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

yup, happened to me also... another thing, when i get connected to ecu and koeo, the fuel pump would run for a second then off, then on again, the mil flashes on and off and the fuel pump cycles on and off too but at 1 sec. intervals, had to close ectune and restart again.... last thing, don't know if this is a bug, but some values at the low cam fuel tables can't be edited through the 2d graph, had to change the values manually by entering the numbers.....
New to eCtune, and still a lot to learn.....

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Tipout; very excited to try this out; as I get 10.0 or richer everytime the gas pedal is lifted; no matter how much. Let me know when you are testing this parameter Wink
To avoid your tip out enrichment I think you have to retune the lowest part of your maps. I saw your datalog and the AF was way to rich in the most left part of the map's. 12's are quite rich for that part and wont go away by some other tip out routine.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

yep, but under light throttle, or high gear low speed, hitting those ranges; it's lean and car bogs till i give it gas if I lower Col 1 or Col 2 any more than that; kinda strange. Didn't seem to do it before; before the first COl stayed pretty much near zero, and second col, had a slightly higher value; but without the supercharger. Tonight on my way home I will see if the fcut being 200 gets rid of a better part of that;

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

Doesn't ectune have some adjustment for TPS enrichment? Maybe you just have to set it lean, then figure out the lowest TPS you need to cruise, then set enrichment to that TPS range.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

is this an outstanding bug we can reproduce?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

your new tipout feature has drastically improved this issue for me; I would honestly say this issue is closed. I have my tipout trimmed, and I will see the AFR's being affected above the tipout RPM, and the AFR drops to lean when I let off now, and when it gets below the RPM threshold, (and fcut resumes), it reads a proper AFR. Before, I couldn't get rid of my rich spike when lifting the throttle.

calvin

Post by calvin »

which rom do u use? because 61/62 is bad.. fuelcut not working.. if it's 60.5 it's good... let me know... i can send u that version....
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

The application freezing is only when I try to connect datalogging before first going to the settings menu to verify COM port and click save. I think this might be just an issue with the innovate DLL or the non FTDI chip issues.... it will only lock up when it fails to connect to datalog and will not give me an \"Innovate wideband not detected\" alert window. I ritually go to the settings menu, and check the innovate COM port before datalogging each initial session (reconnects work fine), so I don't run into this program freeze on close (I assume it's the application waiting for the .DLL to respond or become free (finish) ).

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

yup, i also use the innovate lc1, serial connection, last time this happened, i just clicked save in the setings menu and it was ok afterwards...
New to eCtune, and still a lot to learn.....

calvin

Post by calvin »

I recommend to everybody to use a FTDI based serial converter.