not connecting to ostrich, \"connected\" to data b

eCtune Bugs and Fixed Bugs

Moderator: Gaskleppie

98vtec
http://phpbb3styles.net

not connecting to ostrich, \"connected\" to data b

Post by 98vtec »

ok well i just tuned the car yesterday so i know it all works. The only problem i had with it yesterday at the dyno was towards the end it would not let me \"put\" to the ecu, but it would do things in real-time. I drove 5 hours today to go to a track with some friends. i get there and it doesnt want to connect. Says \"cannot connect to \"ostrichECT\". I cant do anything. I tried restarting the computer, disconnecting and reconnecting stuff, changing ports, auto scan...and nothing worked. the logger will connect but nothing shows. On the bottom it says connected/recording, but nothing is happening in the display. also, i have fuel and ignition cut but when i rev out first, the limiter will hit and completely kill all power until i let off the throttle and hit it again. It used to bounce on the limiter really fast like anti-lag.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

try this: if a reboot doesn't work, plug in the ostrich, go into device manager (ectune closed) and uninstall the ostrich. reboot & unplug the ostrich download the newest FTDI driver from their website plug in ostrich, if it auto-installs, let it do it's thing. once installed, reboot again now, with ostrich connected, go to device manager again, choose the ostrich and choose \"update driver\" manually point it to your new driver you downloaded. once installed, reboot again. now try eCtune. Sounds like a driver issue or something with the PC.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

sure sound as is... try to enter the correct comm port manual(no auto-scan) 115200 baud
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

Thanks Jared that fixed it. Now I gotta fix my cracked rmf
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO