program loading error

eCtune Bugs and Fixed Bugs

Moderator: Gaskleppie

98vtec
http://phpbb3styles.net

program loading error

Post by 98vtec »

i get a microsoft error when i try to open ectune. Error signature: EventType : clr20r3 P1 : ectune.exe P2 : 0.0.2.2 P3 : 48fd1f83 P4 : system.configuration P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 471ebf00 P7 : 1a8 P8 : 4d P9 : ioibmurhynrxkw0zxkyrvfn0boyyufow I have a race tonight!!! :o I have tried rebooting, running spybot, CCcleaner, force update (gives me an error that it cannot find base_roms) and i have updated windows.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

ran spybot search and destroy again and now i can get it to partially load ectune. During the \"checking for updates\" phase and loading settings, it tells me it could not parse or find the settings file. Then closes ectune and gives me the windows error again.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

98vtec wrote:ran spybot search and destroy again and now i can get it to partially load ectune. During the "checking for updates" phase and loading settings, it tells me it could not parse or find the settings file. Then closes ectune and gives me the windows error again.
there could be some problem with the settings files under your "c:\\program files\\ectune" folder. Maybe your "settings.xml" file corroupted. In this forum there is a post talking about your issue. In that thread shows how to reinstall ectune by deleting some files under ectune folder. I am not sure also.
utku selamoglu

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

reinstall you delete the settings.xml file in the settings folder
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

i'll check it out tomorrow. I never physically removed anything from my ectune folder.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

i still have my settings folder and setting XML file.

White_Teg

Post by White_Teg »

98vtec wrote:i still have my settings folder and setting XML file.
I think Calvin ment for you to delete the settings.xml file. I would guess that somehow this file is getting corrupt. When you run eCtune after deleting it, it most likely creates a new one with the default settings.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

White_Teg wrote:
I think Calvin ment for you to delete the settings.xml file. I would guess that somehow this file is getting corrupt. When you run eCtune after deleting it, it most likely creates a new one with the default settings.
calvin can you confirm that i need to delete settings?

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

98vtec wrote:
White_Teg wrote:
calvin can you confirm that i need to delete settings?
?

White_Teg

Post by White_Teg »

from This Thread
calvin wrote:uninstall/reinstall do a force update... delete this too.. C:\\Documents and Settings\\<username>\\Local Settings\\Application Datafolder In4Tec_Solutions <username> your current login name

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

White_Teg wrote:from This Thread
calvin wrote:uninstall/reinstall do a force update... delete this too.. C:\\Documents and Settings\\<username>\\Local Settings\\Application Datafolder In4Tec_Solutions <username> your current login name
thanks, i'll try that tomorrow when i get on campus.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

woops
Last edited by 98vtec on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

I uninstalled ectune and then reinstalled with the original setup function then use force update. opened ectune and got this error
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

it does allow me to open ectune tho

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

that is normal oxc for innovate needs to register
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.