Datalogging, EMU, A/F(LC-1 VOLT OFFSET SOLUTION)

eCtune Bugs and Fixed Bugs

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Datalogging, EMU, A/F(LC-1 VOLT OFFSET SOLUTION)

Post by Bugermass »

First off my laptop is a bit old and mabey thats why these issues are more noticable on my setup. For some reason Datalogging in r3 and r4 is really slow, the A/F in the overlay only logs like 1-2 cells every few seconds which makes it totally useless for tunning A/F, somtimes while datalogging the overlay even freezes in 1 place (the display is still logging though) and I have to close ectune and start again. when its not frozen my update interval avgs 40ms. Now I know my laptop is slow, but in crome and hondata the datalogging is perfectly smooth and I have no problems so I know my laptops capable of logging properly. Also I didn't seem to have the freezing issue until r3 and r4 before that it was still a bit slow but the overlay never froze on me like that. Now I realize it may be because eCtune datalogs more info, but still if somone who has no issues with crome or hondata has issues with eCtune thats obviously not gonna be a good thing. Also in crome if I change the whole map like 5% the romulator updates very fast, in eCtune I have to sit and wait noticably longer. This may be tied to the same issues thats making my datalogging so jumpy. One last thing is if I set the A/F offset to where the meter and display match up at one A/F say 14.5:1 then when it goes to say 11.5:1 its reading like 12.8 on the display. I set the LC1 output and eCtunes settings to the same values so its not that but I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem with the LC1. It does the same thing in crome and its making me think it could be my meter not holding the settings for output voltages. I'm sure alot of the datalogging issues I'm having are due to my laptop being slow, BUT the point is that the competing software runs smoothly and there may be an issues that hasn't been discovered cause you guys laptops are faster. Late . .
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

doesn't matter it shouldn't be so slow... I haven't changed much since r2 regarding datalogging.. Emulator is all going with threats so it must not freeze... I'm looking all the datalogging events and emulator events over... I want to release a update r5 fast so i need testers
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin

Post by calvin »

I have the exact same problem with the LC-1 and LM-1. The problem is voltage offset and ground issue believe me i tested it a lot of times. It's not the software.

Code: Select all

Let me check again in my IM log. I have a way for connecting the LC-1/LM-1 that should give u a constant offset.    I'm gonna do direct logging from the LM-1/LC-1 very soon. Just not to have this problem.    I got the following information from different placecs  -ground B to chassis  -ground other 2 grounds&#40;G/W&#41; to ECU ground in the harness, D21  The 2 grounds should be seperated 0.5\" from each other&#40;same as apexi does it&#41;  so     G        W  ___|__0.5\"__|_____ECU    G&#58;Green  W&#58;White  B&#58;Blue
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

blundar
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by blundar »

things I've found to help voltage offset: 1. NEVER POWER WIDEBAND FROM ECU POWER!!! At higher RPMs (don't ask me why) the wideband and ECU signals diverge and you'll end up reading artificially lean signals datalogging. 2. ALWAYS tie the wideband signal ground to the O2 signal ground 3. ALWAYS rev the motor to calibrate the O2 voltage offset. Battery voltage will affect the offset considerably, just like the injector battery offset Perhaps it would be a future idea to support serial logging for LM1/LC1?
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA \"That motor's hit!\" - me

nate

Post by nate »

blundar wrote:Perhaps it would be a future idea to support serial logging for LM1/LC1?
I am pretty sure direct logging from the unit is in the works
eCtune Team

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

WB should always be powered at the battery. My WB is also grounded at the battery and I'm almost dead on with my gauge display.
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Qc, Qc, Canada

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

Actually, my FJO WB has 2 power inputs, one at the battery and one at the ignition, of course.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

I have the heater power connected directly to the battery and the grounds and analog out1 directly on the ECU. I rarely had any issues with my PLX and I had motec PLM and few years back and NEVER had any offset issues, so i think the LC1/LM1 are just not high quality devices, probably why motec is close to $1000 and PLX and FJO are like $500..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

Boohoo, I paid my FJO WB $1000 3 years ago :cry:

calvin

Post by calvin »

I'm working on it. I need an LC-1:(

MADMAX

Post by MADMAX »

My PLX and JAW WBs get power directly from the battery through 14g wire. If you guys really want to be dead nuts accurate no matter the conditions, use current drivers. They are completely immune from capacitance and resistance losses.

calvin

Post by calvin »

guy did you see when this post was dated? ;)