GPO bug

eCtune Bugs and Fixed Bugs

Moderator: Gaskleppie

wolve
http://phpbb3styles.net

GPO bug

Post by wolve »

hello guys, tomorrow i'll be hitting the dyno again, this time ectune won't be expired ;) but i want to run/tune 2 stages of nitrous trough the GPO's so today i started at making a first run GPO-basemap for tomorrow when i adjust a fuelvalue in any of the GPO's, it changes them to that value in all GPO's. so basicly when i adjust GPO1 for 300 extra fuel and 2 degrees retard, all three GPO's jump to 300 extra fuel. when i change it in GPO2 to 400 fuel value and 3 degrees retard, GPO1 also get's set to 400 fuel value. i restarted ectune a few times but it keeps doing it also when i activate both GPO's at the same time, will they add and subtract to eachother? like when in GPO1 i have 2 deg retard and in GPO2 3 deg retard will it be 5 degr retard? and when i have 300 fuel value in GPO1 and let's say -100 in GPO2 will the total added be 200? (not that it's possible with this bug now) thnx

elevation

Post by elevation »

If you have +10%fuel,-3deg timing on gop 1 and +10%fuel,-2degtiming on gop2 then when you engage both gop 1 and 2 you should have +20%fuel and -5degtiming.
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com

wolve

Post by wolve »

that's what i tought does someone else have this bug? also, when i was predynotuning my friends nitrus setup to see if everything works as it should. the moment the gpo1 activates--->BAM, usb error and i have to unplug and replug the usb's for it to connect again... very strange, luckely he has a external afr-display so we could still tune it... every time again

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

does he have MSD spark plug wires? or some other \"performance\" wire?? And or are you running a non-resisitor type spark plug?
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

EITCP
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by EITCP »

maybe i am dumb or blind but where you see GPO can give/take waay extra fuel and/or ignition except in secondary map which can't be made as 3 stg maps.
---------------------------------- TUNERC team eCtune Authorised Tuner for Slovenia Passed ACP course at EFI University in Temecula, CA, November 07

EITCP
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by EITCP »

sorry i just find it. :oops: :oops: :oops:
---------------------------------- TUNERC team eCtune Authorised Tuner for Slovenia Passed ACP course at EFI University in Temecula, CA, November 07

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

if i understand this bug correctly enter a value GPO1 fuel or IGN the same values automatically comes or shows up in correction of GPO2 or GPO3?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin

Post by calvin »

yes it is a bug only fuel does it. Fixing it.. On the bug list.. Yes this is the way to go finding more and more.. when demon version is out we have the most stable best ectune.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

wolve

Post by wolve »

i'll loook forward to it. have to say outside of some bugs it's a very repeatable software!!! just came back from the dyno.... 193whp allmotor 320whp on spray grenaded my ngk 8 iridium in cilinder 3, looked like massive detonation. engine is fine tough, next run allmotor netted a nice 193whp again. just have to source ngk 9's or 10's to run this weekend at santapod. not bad for a stock b18cR

elevation

Post by elevation »

wolve wrote:i'll loook forward to it. have to say outside of some bugs it's a very repeatable software!!! just came back from the dyno.... 193whp allmotor 320whp on spray grenaded my ngk 8 iridium in cilinder 3, looked like massive detonation. engine is fine tough, next run allmotor netted a nice 193whp again. just have to source ngk 9's or 10's to run this weekend at santapod. not bad for a stock b18cR
run11.8 to 11.5 afr with nos . just an opinion.
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

its probably not the plug.. If its only doing it in 1 cylinder, you need to adjust your fuel jetting for that cylinder.. N2o is very inconsistant between nozzles if you run direct port. You may need to balance out your fuel by playing with the jetting and reading your plugs after each pull.

elevation

Post by elevation »

Bugermass wrote:its probably not the plug.. If its only doing it in 1 cylinder, you need to adjust your fuel jetting for that cylinder.. N2o is very inconsistant between nozzles if you run direct port. You may need to balance out your fuel by playing with the jetting and reading your plugs after each pull.
there is a way to plumb it that makes the same pressure at each nozzle but no one ever does it right.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

check out http://www.noswizard.com theres alot of really good info on nitrous in their tecnical section..

wolve

Post by wolve »

elevation wrote:run11.8 to 11.5 afr with nos . just an opinion.
ran 11.5 to 10.3 from 6000 to 8400 bit to rich i know, but i was scared to take even more fuel away up top
its probably not the plug.. If its only doing it in 1 cylinder, you need to adjust your fuel jetting for that cylinder.. N2o is very inconsistant between nozzles if you run direct port. You may need to balance out your fuel by playing with the jetting and reading your plugs after each pull.
my plug wire popped of during a nitrous run, wich probably induced the detonation to ruin my cil3 plug all plugs ran a bit to hot, i'm stepping up to 9'or 10's to be safe for you guys information, this is a progressive single nozzle dry shot. single nozzle= WizardsOfNos pulsoid with charge tube in the intake arm dry shot= fueled trough ectune and a set of 650 precisions progressive = FJO mini controller timingsettings during spraying was ranging from -4 degrees at 6000 to 7-7.5 at 8500 spraying from 30% duty cycle at 6000 to 100% at 8500

pacman

Post by pacman »

wolve wrote:i'll loook forward to it. have to say outside of some bugs it's a very repeatable software!!! just came back from the dyno.... 193whp allmotor 320whp on spray grenaded my ngk 8 iridium in cilinder 3, looked like massive detonation. engine is fine tough, next run allmotor netted a nice 193whp again. just have to source ngk 9's or 10's to run this weekend at santapod. not bad for a stock b18cR
Are you going to the PTM show on sunday?