datalog wont connect

eCtune Bugs and Fixed Bugs

Moderator: Gaskleppie

R-GTI
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by R-GTI »

Hi! I am a friend of Marcio and Vito I am closely following this topic. And also hope anxiously for a solution, and since this problem is delaying the tune up of several cars. As Vito said, we are close to a great event! I believe that this problem is delaying other tuners in the world I have the same reasoning that Vito. We also believe the problem is last version of the program. Must be some programming error that working for this issue. As Marcio said above, the program has been deleted, reinstalled, perform the update, but nothing has changed! We believe that the problem is with ECTUNE as the CROME can connect and perform their tasks with success! And obviously, we can not deny the problem appeared only after the appearance of the latest version of ECTUNE! We put the picture of Marcio's desktop with a few screens that will probably help in the diagnosis. Include the DEBUG log of the USB ports to be analyzed We thank the attention spent Thanks

h224thgensedan

Post by h224thgensedan »

Im very new to eCtune and tunning all together. I did notice a few things in your pics. Try manually setting your com port in eCtune instead of searching (device manager, hardware, com ports and look to see what port your are connected to) for the port. Also set the baud to 3xxxx. Another thing that I have set different than you do is I have my latency set to 2.
H2B Ef Sedan

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

look at the screenshot you changed something. First screenshot ostrich connected = red second screen shot ostirch connected = green In device manager is that the comm port 6 of the hulog. I see your problem. Look at the baud of the datalogging it's 9216 for the demon or tunerview 2. It should be 386400. Deselect auto-scan, change the baud back were it should be. Select comm 6 and press test. There could be a bug. That is why i need you to test so i can figure it out. I tested all the emulators and datalogging devices before release.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

i think i know what you guys did and blame eCtune. I just did the same. Select demon and go back to ostrich v1/v2. The datalogging baud will be 921600(bug) and will never connect with ecu.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin

Post by calvin »

i fixed and cleaned eCtune settings a bit. Regarding this baud change when selecting the demon. I'll release an update in a few hours.

Vito

Post by Vito »

Dude, that´s awesome! Thanks for the support, we will try again later and let you know if it works! thank you!

R-GTI

Post by R-GTI »

Great! Thank you Calvin! Thank you for understanding our problem and find a solution quickly! We await the new update. We test and we will inform you about the operation of it! Thanks again for support

calvin

Post by calvin »

begin testing it like now. The update won't fix anything big. It's just cleaning up.

calvin

Post by calvin »

what i can also see. Is that you are using the PRO force udpate version. That is why in the first screenshot the emulator is red. Use the rar file from the email you have from me!

jmmrizzo

Post by jmmrizzo »

When I reinstall I did with your email and I and my direct email is [email protected] or [email protected] please use it in next update Valerio Modesto is a friend who paid the purchase outside of Brazil for me. I will check anyway thanks

jmmrizzo

Post by jmmrizzo »

Calvin, please could you guide me to redo the installation? Thus we have no doubt about it. I delete everything and download the program from? The license to get that last sent me? After installing the last rar file? tanks again.

R-GTI

Post by R-GTI »

calvin wrote:what i can also see. Is that you are using the PRO force udpate version. That is why in the first screenshot the emulator is red. Use the rar file from the email you have from me!
Hello Calvin We Uninstalled the program yesterday, and we downloaded the program through the following link: http://websrv.ectune.com/ectune.setup.current.rar After the installation, the program did the WEB UPDATE, but even so we did the update through the email that was sent to Marcio with the latest version (RAR file). We did so only for there is no doubt about the correct implementation of the UPDATE. Not sure if just had the WEB UPDATE would be enough for the certification of the tuner version of the program, so do the UPDATE via email that was sent. Reading the your current recommendations we can conclude that the procedure was performed as they should, right? I found that after what was said above, will not be necessary to reinstall the program, correct? We eagerly hope that their new updtade reviewed. We hope that they solve our problems. Otherwise, we will be in serious trouble! Thanks again!

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

setting up the program is easy. download from the ectune home page. download the license via email from calvin and save it to the ectune folder directory (the main folder) download the rar and extract everything within to the ectune directory. Replace the new files with the old for all of them open ectune and setup your com ports with your device manager
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

thething96

Post by thething96 »

My datalogging seems to be working fine now, all I had to do is run force update again, turned lap top off and on, and that fixed it.

jmmrizzo

Post by jmmrizzo »

I do not know else to do. I install it again and nothing has changed. The screen of the emulator Ostrich 1v & 2v - img 1 The ostrich connects but when I try to put the map I have problems -img 2 The Screen of ostrich ectune ostrich - img 3 With the configuration of ostrich in Ostrich ectune I can put the map but I have another problem and the CEL is on all the time - img 4 And the dataloggin not changed anything - img 5 and 6 Please I need a solution
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jmmrizzo on Fri May 29, 2009 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.