fan control wiring

eCtune Bugs and Fixed Bugs

Moderator: Gaskleppie

utkuselamoglu
http://phpbb3styles.net

fan control wiring

Post by utkuselamoglu »

hi, I want to use fan control option in ectune pro... but couldn't find a good wiring info with using a relay... does anybody have a picture for this wiring diagram... last year I have found a good info in honda-tech forums but couldn't find it in the forum right now... thanks a lot...
utku selamoglu

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

From memory... ECU fanc output is active ground. So one relay coil wire goes to 12v, the other to ECU output. /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

Bindegal wrote:From memory... ECU fanc output is active ground. So one relay coil wire goes to 12v, the other to ECU output. /Allan
yes that's what I am thinking... but want to now all of the options for that maybe some other wiring for this could be possible...
utku selamoglu

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

There really is only one \"option\". It will only work in one way, you can´t pick and choose which way the output works :) /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

Bindegal wrote:There really is only one "option". It will only work in one way, you can´t pick and choose which way the output works :) /Allan
:) yes I know there is one output option from the ecu but different relay wiring or smoething else... I don't know right now...You guys are more experienced than me...:)
utku selamoglu

2bfi

Post by 2bfi »

If you can be more specific as to what options you'd like, would be helpful. Do you have an idea of what you'd like it to do?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

ground to thermostat housing/fan switch. fanswitch has 2 cables ground and signal to relay in fusebox. jump from ecu fan out to signal cable on thermoswitch.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

calvin wrote:ground to thermostat housing/fan switch. fanswitch has 2 cables ground and signal to relay in fusebox. jump from ecu fan out to signal cable on thermoswitch.
Hi calvin thank you for your response... Than I don't need to use another relay for this.
utku selamoglu

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

utkuselamoglu wrote:
calvin wrote:ground to thermostat housing/fan switch. fanswitch has 2 cables ground and signal to relay in fusebox. jump from ecu fan out to signal cable on thermoswitch.
Hi calvin thank you for your response... Than I don't need to use another relay for this.
correct. EDM/JDM car?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

Hint: There's already a relay in the fuse box for the fan
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Qc, Qc, Canada

elevation

Post by elevation »

Ha ha ,I been running a ground to the fan relay but calvin is right, just tap the thirmistor wire and ground with ecu. :lol:
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

calvin wrote:
utkuselamoglu wrote:
correct. EDM/JDM car?
EDM.
utku selamoglu

calvin

Post by calvin »

that car is not wire for fan switch. also the ecu(edm) doesn't have fan control output. if i remember correctly

EITCP

Post by EITCP »

a week ago i made this fan control to one civic. it is so easy that you wouldn't believe it. no wiring needed. just go to parameters-hardware settings-adiator fan settings and make it ENABLE, fan control output FANC /radiator fan relay A12)and put the temperature you wannt have fan ON. and that is all. no wiring needed and it is working great! PS: made on EURO P30 ECU (EDM)
---------------------------------- TUNERC team eCtune Authorised Tuner for Slovenia Passed ACP course at EFI University in Temecula, CA, November 07

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

EITCP wrote:a week ago i made this fan control to one civic. it is so easy that you wouldn't believe it. no wiring needed. just go to parameters-hardware settings-adiator fan settings and make it ENABLE, fan control output FANC /radiator fan relay A12)and put the temperature you wannt have fan ON. and that is all. no wiring needed and it is working great! PS: made on EURO P30 ECU (EDM)
Yes it is just like that but in some model of honda civic you can not do it. You have to wire it.
utku selamoglu