Force update failed... need some help!!

eCtune Bugs and Fixed Bugs

Moderator: Gaskleppie

mgro
http://phpbb3styles.net

Force update failed... need some help!!

Post by mgro »

I tried to use ECtune, got \"lock system\" message. Tried force update, get error \"Webupdate failed with error: The request failed with HTTP status 417: Expectation failed...\" This used to work before. I tried the following: - disabled my anti-virus (Avira) - made sure Windows Firewall is not on - disabled firewall in ADSL modem - tried two different network switches (one wireless, the other wired) - Clean install of ECtune System is a laptop running XP Pro. What am I missing here?? thanks, Mark
EG6 Supercharged/intercooled B19 @ 15psi

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

something with your internet:)
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

mgro

Post by mgro »

My internet works fine otherwise, all other programs work normally?? Can anyone help out? thanks Mark

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

use the zip file posted in pro users test a few topics down.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

mgro

Post by mgro »

I found the problem and a solution. Maybe someone else can benefit. Apparently HTTP 417 error can be caused when a proxy server blocks communication. I do not know why this happens now, and not before. Anyway, here is the fix. ECtune uses .NET framework to do webupdate. The secret is to bypass the offending proxy server. You can do this by editing the \"machine.config\" file in the .NET directory. If you have multiple .NET versions on your machine (I had 4), I found that version 3.5 still uses the machine.config from version 2 for some reason. So thats the one I edited. Path looks something like

Code: Select all

x&#58;\\<windows>\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\<version>\\config\\machine.config
You'll need to make changes to the system.net section. If you don't have that section (like I did), please add the following code:

<system.net>            <defaultProxy>                <!--                   The following entry enables reading of the per user &#40;LAN&#41; Internet settings.                  Adding additional proxy settings, without first setting to \"false\",                  will individually override. Note that \"Automatic configuration\" and                   \"automatic configuration scripts\" cannot be read.                                    <proxy> settings&#58;                      usesystemdefault=\"&#91;true|false&#93;\" - Read settings from Internet Options &#40;see above&#41;                      proxyaddress=\"&#91;string&#93;\" - A Uri string of the proxy server to use.                      bypassonlocal=\"&#91;true|false&#93;\" - Enables bypassing of the proxy for local resources.               -->                <proxy                   usesystemdefault=\"false\"               />                <!-- use this section to disable proxy use for matching servers                  example&#58;              <bypasslist>                  <add address=\"bypassRegexString\" />              </bypasslist>               -->                                   <!-- use this section to override proxy settings with your own IWebProxy implementation                  example&#58;              <module                  type=\"System.Net.WebProxy, System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089\"               />               -->                               </defaultProxy>      </system.net>
I put this code right behind the </configSections> tag. If you already have a <system.net> section, you only have to change this

<proxy                   usesystemdefault=\"true\"               />
into

<proxy                   usesystemdefault=\"false\"               />
Now it started raining, so I guess I won't get my hands dirty today...feel more like a programmer then a gearhed. -sigh-

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Your post sure looks like you are an programmer :lol:

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Off topic question, supercharged eg6????????? What engine, setup, horsepower??

calvin

Post by calvin »

I'll put that on wiki!