log file review/Crash Graph

eCtune Bugs and Fixed Bugs

Moderator: Gaskleppie

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by calvin »

JaredKaragen wrote:open ectune open .cal load datalog [all tests done with only the 'Tables' 'Display' and 'Data' windows open; all others such as parameters and datalog graph start closed]. display graph, click on graph. close datalog, leave graph open. open log, close graph close log. open log, crash. open graph and click on graph, crash and repeating window, need to kill in taskmanager. second attempt: open ROM open log display graph, click on graph, close rom. open rom click on graph minimize graph, crash. definately a bug here. catastrophic app shutdowns/lockups found. Hope it helps Calvin/Zex_Cool! Tested with version pro.0021r2.t1
First method results in a bug here.. Thanks fixing now
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

fixed.. So stupid guess why? F** .net framework bug. You dispose the GRAPH window but it stillr receive events. Datalogger send a frame to GRAPH window(that should be disposed, not receiving anything) it still catches event but the GRAPH window doesn't have objects anymore. so it gets OBJECT NOT SET BLA BLA
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

HAHA.... go MS... always leaving little leaks here and there... it's amazing that Visat (running no virtual memory) uses just a hair over 1.1GB when booted up; and that's only with drivers and virusscan loaded. Good to hear it was found =)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

calvin

Post by calvin »

did u get my mail with r3?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

yeah, it's installed and being checked inbetween things I have to do at work.... That's why you will see my activity more during the day (PST, GMT-8). I was going to check this one out right before I looked at this post; I followed the steps I posted before; no more crash =) I think Zex will be happy!
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

indeed, very happy. thank you. :D

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

I also found a way to crash during viewing a log. open cal open log start log open graph window choose the \"AF READING\" screen. The graph display disappeared behind the fuel maps because of that action. When I tried to get it to the front again I pressed the \"graph\" button again. **CRASH** Object reference not set to an instance of an object

calvin

Post by calvin »

i'll try and reproduce

calvin

Post by calvin »

Gaskleppie wrote:I also found a way to crash during viewing a log. open cal open log start log open graph window choose the "AF READING" screen. The graph display disappeared behind the fuel maps because of that action. When I tried to get it to the front again I pressed the "graph" button again. **CRASH** Object reference not set to an instance of an object
no crash by me try with 0021r3.t0 please

calvin

Post by calvin »

confirmed if fixed