log file review/Crash Graph

eCtune Bugs and Fixed Bugs

Moderator: Gaskleppie

zex_cool
http://phpbb3styles.net

log file review/Crash Graph

Post by zex_cool »

i got my .net firmware updated to so i could finally run the v. 0.0.2.1.r2.t0 on my laptop. its to dark/cold to do anything so i was jst sitting at home messing around with some of my logs from yesterday. everything seems to work fine but as soon as i try to get more things going at once it freezes and the unhandled exception has occurred in your application msg pops up. i have to shutdown and start over but the same thing happens. not sure of how to recreate it but moving through the graph, switching parameters on/off and turning the graph on/off as well seem to do the trick. :? this is what the msg contains.

Code: Select all

See the end of this message for details on invoking   just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.    ************** Exception Text **************  System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at eCtune.Controls.ctrlLogGraph.—ŒœŠŠŽ‰˜�(DataloggingFrame )     at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.DataloggingFrameReceivedDelegate.Invoke(DataloggingFrame frm)     at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.‘˜œ’�“—‡‘()     at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.GotoFrame(Int64 frameIndex)     at eCtune.Controls.ctrlLogGraph.set_PlotCursor(Int32 value)     at eCtune.Controls.ctrlLogGraph.›˜Œž‡™˜�•(Object , MouseEventArgs )     at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)     at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)     at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)     at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)     at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)     at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)     at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)     at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)     at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)     at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)      ************** Loaded Assemblies **************  mscorlib      Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0      Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll  ----------------------------------------  eCtune      Assembly Version: 0.0.2.1      Win32 Version: 0.0.2.1      CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/eCtune/eCtune.EXE  ----------------------------------------  System      Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0      Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll  ----------------------------------------  System.Windows.Forms      Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0      Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll  ----------------------------------------  System.Drawing      Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0      Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll  ----------------------------------------  startup_lib_net_2_0      Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0      Win32 Version: 0.0.2.1      CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/eCtune/eCtune.EXE  ----------------------------------------  System.Xml      Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0      Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c5

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

its not letting me post the entire msg. ill email it to you.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

your going to have to submit the log, your cal, and steps to produce it; steps are important for code tracing. I tried to recreate a graph bug several times, but could not; writing each step as I go...
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

JaredKaragen wrote:your going to have to submit the log, your cal, and steps to produce it; steps are important for code tracing. I tried to recreate a graph bug several times, but could not; writing each step as I go...
ok, this took about 50 tries. lol here you go; open eCtune open map open log file open graph click on the tables click graph tab again (everything is still cool) try to move the line to a different time on the graph bam ! error msg pops up. lol hope this helps. again this only on the version 0.0.2.1.r2.t0 that Calvin released today. i didnt have any of these issues with any of the earlier versions.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

sounds similar to one of the bugs I was trying to track down; I am good at find the invalid input bugs, and other such things. I ran into one graph bugthis week, but have not been able to reproduce it again yet; Maybe there can be some sort of datalogger for debugging; keystroke and action recorder for eCtune just for troubleshooting; tis what I always implimented into my programs when they started to perform complex tasks... but I am not asking Calvin to re-write his software... lol

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

i tried this 100 times no problem here. Please send log/cal
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

sent. it does it here no matter what map or log i use.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

zex_cool wrote:sent. it does it here no matter what map or log i use.
well it doesn't do it here with the cal/bin you send
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

i updated to the v. 0.0.2.1.r1.t1 and when fallowing the same steps as in .t0 i get this; Image not sure what the msg means but i cant get out of it. i have to use ctrl+alt+del

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I will try it myself if the log and cal are posted.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

here they are. it does it to me no matter what map or log. im talking with Calvin atm and i think we'll get it figured out before tomorrow. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

open ectune open .cal load datalog [all tests done with only the 'Tables' 'Display' and 'Data' windows open; all others such as parameters and datalog graph start closed]. display graph, click on graph. close datalog, leave graph open. open log, close graph close log. open log, crash. open graph and click on graph, crash and repeating window, need to kill in taskmanager. second attempt: open ROM open log display graph, click on graph, close rom. open rom click on graph minimize graph, crash. definately a bug here. catastrophic app shutdowns/lockups found. Hope it helps Calvin/Zex_Cool! Tested with version pro.0021r2.t1

yc underground
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by yc underground »

I have to second that there seem to be a bug with datalog play back. I've got the same error while viewing old log.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: York, PA, USA www.ycunderground.com www.facebook.com/YCUDynoTuning

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

something else to note: when the error pops up, if you click it it comes again, but you can see the graph refresh. Take the mouse and move it out of the graph window area on the screen and hit enter... the error does not reoccour untill the mouse comes back over.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

alright, this helps a lot. thanks guys. :)