Found some 'bugs'...

eCtune Bugs and Fixed Bugs

Moderator: Gaskleppie

RoadXY
http://phpbb3styles.net

Found some 'bugs'...

Post by RoadXY »

Using the web-update which came out like yesterday or the day before (12 of 13 march). Found the following things: - Download of the logger doesn't work. Steps: Type url http://www.ectune.com in addressbar In the site-map go to versions, datalogger Click download now and it give's me on 3 pc's and 3 different internet providers the same issue: an blanc page with an long url: http://ectune.com/LinkClick.aspx?link=h ... 69&mid=445 If you type in the addressbar: http://websrv.ectune.com/eCtune.Setup.Current.rar the download is started... - PA sensor incorrect in log The PA-sensor displays in the log an different value then in the data pane where the value is correct Wil post pic's shortly. - Show peak value's doens't work on newly created data display in the Display pane Steps: In the Display pane right click and select 'Add data display'. Right click on the newly created data display and set the type for instance as VSS. Right click on the VSS data display and click \"Show peak value's\". The right click and \"Show peak value's\" works only on the data display's that where standard displayed by the install of eCtune - Start up message to install .NET If you haven't installed .NET 3.5 eCtune give's an message you have to install .NET 2 and/or 3.5 I've tested this in an freshly installed Virtual PC XP environment with no .NET installed Installed .NET 2, tested and installed .NET 3 but eCtune keeps telling you have to install .NET 2 and/or 3.5

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Re: Found some 'bugs'...

Post by calvin »

RoadXY wrote: - Start up message to install .NET If you haven't installed .NET 3.5 eCtune give's an message you have to install .NET 2 and/or 3.5 I've tested this in an freshly installed Virtual PC XP environment with no .NET installed Installed .NET 2, tested and installed .NET 3 but eCtune keeps telling you have to install .NET 2 and/or 3.5
install 3.5 if it doesn't find the proper .net framew work it will give an error msg. It's not a bug i'll fix the link on the site. You can just press download on the front page
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

RoadXY

Re: Found some 'bugs'...

Post by RoadXY »

calvin wrote:
RoadXY wrote: - Start up message to install .NET If you haven't installed .NET 3.5 eCtune give's an message you have to install .NET 2 and/or 3.5 I've tested this in an freshly installed Virtual PC XP environment with no .NET installed Installed .NET 2, tested and installed .NET 3 but eCtune keeps telling you have to install .NET 2 and/or 3.5
install 3.5 if it doesn't find the proper .net framew work it will give an error msg. It's not a bug i'll fix the link on the site. You can just press download on the front page
Ok, doesn't matter to me, thought I just mention it :wink: 988 is the correct value. Here's the PA-pic:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

will be fixed
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Yeah; the .net is probably because the 1.1, 1.1 update, 2.0, 2.5, and 3.5 need to be installed; not just the later of the groups. That's one crappy thing about .net; the updates never include all of the dependencies; only the new revisions/additions.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

calvin

Post by calvin »

i installed a hardcoded check. I guess i can drop the 1.0 / 1.1 / 2.0 check But 3.5 is important otherwise program crashes

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Is 3.5 an standalone installation?

calvin

Post by calvin »

yes. search for .net framework 3.5 redirst

nate

Post by nate »

eCtune Team

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Thanx, already found that. What I really ment whas that if you need .NET 1 & 2 for the installation of 3.5...

Adam Hopkins
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Adam Hopkins »

I believe I read in a thread on this forum you need it all because when you download 3.5 it is just an addition or building block for the earlier versions

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

I tested the most recent full installer. It automatically downloads and installs the proper .net version, if required. Tested on XP and Vista (UAC disabled, though) and worked really well. In other words, new users don´t need to locate .net, it´s all taken care of by the installer. /Allan

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Yeah, found that out yesterday. But when I started this thread, this wasn't automaticly done by the installer. Calvin changed the installer secretly I guess :lol:

calvin

Post by calvin »

fixed PA graph bug, tnx Peak won't work on new sensor. You have logging on for them to work. Separate object.

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Sorry for not understanding but why can I select it on the new sensor en when I select an standard and select peak&hold it will work on my newly created data display then?