a/c bug found

eCtune Bugs and Fixed Bugs

Moderator: Gaskleppie

non-vtec
http://phpbb3styles.net

a/c bug found

Post by non-vtec »

hey Calvin I'm not sure if you are aware or if any other users even bothered to check their a/c system out yet since no one uses it during the winter months of testing. now that the weather is getting a little nicer out here I'm sure you will find more users/testers with this issue. steps to re-produce......try pressing the a/c button and see if compressor clutch engages. the fans come on but the clutch will not engage. there are 2 separate relays. one for the fans. the other for the compressor clutch. after messing around for 2 hours with the helms manual trying to diagnose why the compressor clutch relay was not getting power. the helms manual told me to replace the ecu. the ecu is not sending and/or receiving signal to the diode or something of that nature. the ecu is receiving the ac switch signal but does not output to turn the compressor circuit on. so i swapped the ecu just incase. i have another spare p28 sitting around and the same issue was there. so i pulled the 28pin ostrich cable off and put in an burnt chip i had running on uberdata and the a/c works normal. there must be something with the code inside ectune that is causing this. and i do NOT have the disable a/c box checked in the hardware settings. i attached my cal file so you can check it out. I'm pretty confident its something within the coding??
Last edited by non-vtec on Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

borat

Post by borat »

My AC works fine with a p28. Through an ODB-I/II conversion harness, no less.

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

borat wrote:My AC works fine with a p28. Through an ODB-I/II conversion harness, no less.
hmmm......that is odd....wonder why mine has an issue with ectune but not the burnt chip running on uberdata...... :?:

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

i did test it in a few cars and ac & ac cut working
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

Did you use b5 ac request input in one of eCtune custom routines?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

no i havent used any of ectune's input features. i will make a whole new cal file and just import my maps and try over again.....this is strange.... i dont see any settings in my cal that mentions B5 ac request. oddly enough that was the terminal my helms manual had me check and said to replace ecu....hehe

David974

Post by David974 »

On my P28 works fine engage but didn t try the cut regards

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Is it possible to switch on the 'Disable A/C' automaticly on and grey it out when pin B5 is used anywhere in the software so it's clear when B5 is used anywhere?

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

i dont know what happend to the original cal file but i made a totally new base map. imported all the fuel/timing maps and set all the settings and the a/c works properly now. it was very strange. if i load the old cal onto the ostrich the a/c wont work. if i load the new cal on wich is identical it works...weird......anyway its working fine now.

calvin

Post by calvin »

good. and closing topic